Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Have been reading alot on this forum and I am thinking about buying a 650 trv for me and my wife to ride. Will I have problems with weight between the both of us we weight about 800 lbs. together will I be able to ride it like a regular 4 wheeler or will I need to buy 2 bikes? I like arctic cats and think I will be happy with it. Has anyone had problems with theses bikes or has the bugs been worked out of them? Thanks for all your help!

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
i don't know if the weight would be a issue (might want to consult a dealer) but would you both be comfortable on it? might want to consider two atv's, for comfort and safety. my wife rode with me a few times on my v2 and then we were off to the dealer to get her one. she enjoys driving her own more than just riding on the back with me and i think it is a bit more enjoyable for the both of us, she can go her confortable speed and sometimes i will fall back a bit and be a bit more aggressive and catch up to her. a buddy of mine (massmark) just got a 500trv and absoutely loves it. riding by himself or with his wife on the back either way he raves about it. it had a few minor bugs that he worked out. i believe that he said that the 500 has suffecent power with the both of them so power wise the 650 should be good, but like i say can't beat two machines!

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi,

We drive the 650 H1 TRV more then one year. Our TRV is Street Legal and we have many many km. It is an absolutely perfect ATV. We have a maximum load from 600kg. With 600kg max. the ATV has really good brake performance. But if you have 800lbs and the 720lbs from a Street legal TRV then you are a little bit too high. We have manufactured a special Öhlins Shock Absorber Kit. With this kit you can load 1650lbs.

If you want I can send some pictures.

Friedjof

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
i would be interested in seeing those shocks, didn't know Öhlins could make shocks to fit the ac's and have been looking into getting a set of aftermarket shocks. mabey you could send me some info and pictures on these, thanks.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Ya i would like to see some pick also.

·
Registered
551 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Friedjof @ Jan 13 2007, 01:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Hi,

We drive the 650 H1 TRV more then one year. Our TRV is Street Legal and we have many many km. It is an absolutely perfect ATV. We have a maximum load from 600kg. With 600kg max. the ATV has really good brake performance. But if you have 800lbs and the 720lbs from a Street legal TRV then you are a little bit too high. We have manufactured a special Öhlins Shock Absorber Kit. With this kit you can load 1650lbs.

If you want I can send some pictures.

Friedjof[/b]

I like those round headlights, can we get them in the states?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts