Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last time I drove it everything was good. Parked for less than a week and it wouldn’t start. Engine turns over but no spark. Tested the ignition coil and was under specs. Replaced coil and still no spark. Battery with no load reads 13.1 volts. Ground tested good. Tested stator and ohms were in spec. Don’t know what I’m missing here. Replaced spark plug also. I ordered another stator to see if maybe the pick up coil is bad.
All fuses are good. Don’t understand how it ran fine before and all of sudden no spark no start.
Any suggestions is greatly appreciated.

· Administrator
42,858 Posts
Spark plug cap

· Administrator
42,858 Posts
Check the stator wires where they come through the engine cover. They like to rub through.

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I bought a used stator from eBay. Comparing readings, the only difference I get is the three black wire plug. The original one ohms are good to all pins .000. The new one are zero .000 ohms on two pins but the third shows OL.
Does this mean my original stator was good??
I’ll try to post a picture.

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Doorfx, I did check the wires coming out of the motor and they were good as far as I could tell.
Insulation wasn’t broken or bare wires showing.
Done a lot of testing.
Blue/white wire to ground test going to coil.
Removed wire, red lead to blue/white wire and black lead to ground. 188 DC volts with key on(in spec).
Same procedure while cranking motor and I’m not getting any dc voltage. Manual says I should be getting 350-450 dc volts while cranking the motor.
Manual doesn’t say what would cause the no dc voltage.
Any ideas would help.

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
UPDATE!!!!!!
Replaced Cdi box with a Dynatech. Has great spark now and fired up.
Still need to do a little adjusting on the carb and put everything back together to see how it rides.
Thanks for everyone’s suggestions on the issue.

· Administrator
42,858 Posts
Great to hear.

· Registered
141 Posts
I'll have to remember this if I ever have a spark problem. I have the Dynatech CDI installed now, saving my factory one just in case I need it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts