Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced the starter solenoid and starter, lights come on and when I go to start it, it sounds like it’s grinding and wanting to turn over but never actually gets running or idle. Checked spark plug and I get a spark. Gunna clean fuel lines and possibly order a new fuel pump. Anyone know what my issue might be?

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
Kyle, if you go to <mymowerparts.com> you can download a service and repair manual. Country Cat may offer as well. If it turns over freely, has spark, I would suspect fuel delivery issues. I have even had crap in the fuel tank block fuel . However if it turns over, but slowly, I might suspect a weak battery. My fuel Injected 700 TRV is very sensitive to batter strength. Will turn over fine with a weak battery, but not start. So, you could also try jumping with a bigger battery. The service manual is for 2006 AC 400 , 500 and V-Twin 650 H1 and has 520 pages, so you will have to hunt a bit..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought a brand new battery and still the same issues, I’m going to empty the tank and replace the fuel lines then add new gas and see what happens, it has sat in a garage for the past 6 months so gas might be bad. Thanks for the help!

·
Administrator
37,326 Posts
Drain the carb bowl. Make sure you use the primer.

Reactions: Wallamatogus
1 - 5 of 5 Posts