Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this issue is has been covered but I am in a tight.

My buddy and I rebuilt the top side of his 07 650. New piston, rings, cam timing chain, oil pump.

Engine runs great. We went to pull it out of the shop and it does not want to pull off at low RPM`s. I installed a new OE belt and the pullies do not look terrible.

This bike pulled good before it jumped time.

I inspected the main wet clutch, naturally it had wear butI have also seen worse. I reinstalled the one way bearing facing out, just like the manual said.

Please Help....

·
Administrator
40,660 Posts
Did you clean the belt with fish soap? Did you clean the sheaves with brake clean?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No I didn`t
Even the new belt??

·
Administrator
40,660 Posts
The oil from your skin and any grease or oil you had on your hands can contaminate it. You also don't know what the belt went through before you got it. The sheaves need to be clean as well

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, I will give her a try tonight and update tomorrow.

·
Administrator
8,015 Posts
Did you clean the belt with fish soap? Did you clean the sheaves with brake clean?

Where can I get some "fish soap"? Is it made from real fishes? lol

·
Registered
44 Posts
Guys I have helped with this bike and just had another idea.......Can the spike load dampner going out cause it not to pull. The primary clutches are engaging and disengaging in the secondary fine. Just an idea as I am not real sure on how the SLD works.

·
Administrator
40,660 Posts

·
Administrator
40,660 Posts
Guys I have helped with this bike and just had another idea.......Can the spike load dampner going out cause it not to pull. The primary clutches are engaging and disengaging in the secondary fine. Just an idea as I am not real sure on how the SLD works.
650h1 doesn't have an SLD

·
Registered
44 Posts
OK, I actually found that right after I posted.

Well here is the update on the bike.

We have checked the belt and clutches. They appear to be good. Like Mudmaster said new belt and clutches show some wear.

It seems like the one-way bearing may be going bad. That being said can that bearing going bad effect the bike not pulling? We are at a loss on this. Just don't want to sick money in this thing in the wrong place. Like replacing the clutch unless for sure. thanks

·
Administrator
40,660 Posts
What oil did you put in it?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Doorfx,
THanks for the input. I have spoken to two different mechanics and have one more question for you.

What does the one-way clutch/bearing actually do on the bike? One told me it controlled low RPM engagement the other said it was the engine break. Which is it and if it is bad can it be what is causing this problem with it not pulling in low rpms? thanks

As far as the oil it is wet clutch 4 stroke oil.

·
Administrator
40,660 Posts
Engine braking. You can run it without it

·
Registered
656 Posts
The wet clutch wildcats don't have it from the factory. It is for engine braking only

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.