Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own an'08 Arctic Cat 650 H1 that I bought from a guy in Cabot, AR whom was having to sell due to a divorce /child custody thing. I've always kept it covered even while at deer camp. It has ~800 miles on it it has set for the majority of the time I've owned it but has always started aside from having to get a new battery or two.

I started it ~1mo ago & noticed a rubber tube burning on the exhaust & afterward come to find that it as well as other vacuum/vent line tubings have desinagraded. I'm needing to know where the tubing run from & to. I've read that one is a short tube venting out the bottom of the fuel bowl or carb. Another comes from the top of the gas tank & I think just runs up thru the handle bars behind the instrument display (I think anyway). There's also another that comes off of the carburetor on the right front that I don't know where it goes to. So, I'm really at a roadvent block as to where any of them go to tell you the truth.

I have contacted Arctic Cat thru their site to present this to them but is is taking them too long to respond. I'm needing a diagram of the entire vent/vacuum line layout or at least a detailed written explanation of where they go.

·
Administrator
35,415 Posts
There is a fuel inlet on the side of the carb that goes to the vacuum fuel pump.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is a fuel inlet on the side of the carb that goes to the vacuum fuel pump.
1] In the smaller picture on the bottom to the right there's a port in the middle coming off of the right side of the carb. Where does the hose that connects to that go to?

2] Is it essential that metal clamps go back on the hose ends? (I used plastic wire ties due to using a thicker lined rubber hose in which the original metal bands won't go around but will they hold up to the heat, especially on the hose between the carb & the head?)

3] Part #15 in the diagram is what actually? The port on mine is permanently fixated onto the bigger connecting hose/pipe between the carb & the head. With a little difficulty I just connected the hose directly to it & zip-tied it.. This diagram makes it look like a totally separate & smaller piece.

Thank you for your previous reply!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Doorfx! I also managed to locate a friend of my nephew whom owns a 2010 w/ a carbureted 650 H1 as well & drove an hour to check his out. He knew it didn't start the last time he tried but what I found for him was that his vacuum line to the fuel valve (vacuum diaphragm operated ) had also gotten brittle with age & cracked into. I recommend that all Arctic Cat owners check their "original" vacuum lines & vent tubings for the defective black tubing that has a glossy look to it (which with age one can only tell from the inside of the tubing) & replace or have it replaced immediately with a better type of rubber tubing. Arctic Cat may have changed vendors at some point once they discovered this tubing failure but what year idk. Lord I sure hope so!

At one time we had three 2002 & one 2001 model vehicles. All were kept in very good condition including the engine compartment. The 2001 was a Mazda Millenia (sweet looking car) & was the only one of the bunch in which the rubber also got brittle or hardened & cracked.

·
Administrator
35,415 Posts
Good to hear !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
4 Participants
LanceS4803
Arctic Cat Forum
Arctic Cat forum is a community to discuss Arctic Cat 400, 440, 500, 650, snowmobiles, sleds, ATV's and more. Join the fun!
Full Forum Listing