Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK Guys, I have searched all over, and I have not been able to find any info on how to adjust the stock clutch setup on an 07' H1 for optimum performance. I keep hearing that adjusting the secondary clutch,(shimming) will help with belt wear, holeshots, and overall performance. I just added 28" mud tires and I currently have it in pieces, because I made a 2" snorkle for the intake, and while I wait for my Dynojet kit to show up wednesday, I figured this may be a good time to play with the clutching. I will also be using the bike to plow with and trail/mud ride. Should I change springs too? I hear it's nothing like a snowmobile setup, so I will probably be in the dark...There's only one way to learn, right? :thumbsup: Thanks! -Craig P.S., Where should I start out as far as jetting goes with the Dynojet kit? Stock exhaust, 2" snorkle, 500-1,000ft. elevation, and temps between 20*-30*f., and should I lean it out 1-2 sizes, come summertime?

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
make sure and check your dyno jet kit, due to they dont have one yet for the 07 h1.
reason being the 07s went to a smaller carb 36mm the 05-6s had a 40mm.
i talked to there tech dept and they havent had the 07s in yet .
i had to buy one for a 500 to get the right needle otherwise you will using a needle for the 40mm in a 36mm.
i also bought bigger jets so when i decide to put snorks on i will be able to jet up.
as far as clutching goes you can adjust the secondary shift in and out pattern by tightning up the spring in the different holes,crazycat650 was the first to do this and spread the word.
also i bought a clutch kit from speedwerx but its for an 06 not 07 but it worked for my combo.
it does give it better bottom end acceleration but it also takes away from top end speed due to the smaller rollers.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So it should be kind of like a sled then....adding spring tension to slow the shift rate and raise rpm's. I'll give it a shot sometime! I got my dynojet kit tonight and installed it already. The box says 04-07 650H1 on it. I had my dealer call them and they said that this is the kit that I want, even though it has a smaller bore. (all of the other dimentions are the same) I guess AC went with the smaller bore to increace velocity and help low end throttle responce and torque.... I did the slide mod, and I installed the #138 main jet and left the air screw at 1 turn out (stock) for my 2" snorkle setup. I think I may have to turn the airscrew out to 1-1/4 turns though, because I had to turn the idle up a bit to get it to idle smooth when cold. After it warmed up and the idle was nice, I noticed that when I rev it up slowley and then let off, it "high" idles for a brief second or two, but if I blip the throttle, it idles back down quickly. I'm thinking that the blip causes a slightly rich condition for a brief moment and allows the motor to run like it should. I think a quarter turn out will cure it! I didn't have a chance to do any plug chops or ride it yet, but I think it will make a great improvement! Thanks for the advice!-Craig :beer_cheers:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.