Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heard that the bottom end [crank and connecting rod ] from a 550 will fit my 650 H1 any truth to this ?

·
Registered
74 Posts
See if you can find an online parts lookup, then see if the part numbers are the same for the year(s) you are thinking.

·
Administrator
37,640 Posts
According to cat only the 550 fits the 550

·
Registered
74 Posts
Ummm... okay. I don't see any part numbers for the crank or the connecting rod? Did you check the actual crank and the actual connecting rod and compare them between the 2 models? Just curious because you could potentially have the same bottom end parts but just the piston (as well as cylinder and head) be different sized. They could have the same stroke and use the same bottom end parts.

I would expect an entire assembly reference number to be different even if the crank and connecting rods were the same because the size of the bore would mean a different piston.

For example, I swap certain parts from 500 and 700 for my 650H1. There are a lot of parts that cross over. Never checked on these internals though.

·
Administrator
37,640 Posts
Check countrycat.com

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Believe
Ummm... okay. I don't see any part numbers for the crank or the connecting rod? Did you check the actual crank and the actual connecting rod and compare them between the 2 models? Just curious because you could potentially have the same bottom end parts but just the piston (as well as cylinder and head) be different sized. They could have the same stroke and use the same bottom end parts.

I would expect an entire assembly reference number to be different even if the crank and connecting rods were the same because the size of the bore would mean a different piston.

For example, I swap certain parts from 500 and 700 for my 650H1. There are a lot of parts that cross over. Never checked on these internals though.
As it turns out the case is the same on the 500, 650 and 700 ,crank, rod and pistons are different for each motor . Have learned that the crankshaft is in two pieces and can be fixed with out buying a complete crank shaft .

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As it turns out the case is the same on the 500, 650 and 700 ,crank, rod and pistons are different for each motor . Have learned that the crankshaft is in two pieces and can be fixed with out buying a complete crank shaft .

·
Registered
74 Posts
Good and bad then! But it looks like looking up the parts between the machines helps. Glad you can at least get the component piece(s) you need.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts