Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
600 efi bogs/missfires on full throttle

got my engine back together and have run it for some miles now, and then i wanted to test full throttle. but it bogs or it`s more like that it is missfiring, and it`s a bit smokey (blue) when i hit full throttle. this is a engine, built on a 03 mcat crankcase and crank. with powder 600 efi cylinders, powder injection system (triangel marked), but the ecu is a squered one, with number 3005-391, and the (burned) one from the powder injection system was 3005-392 (triangle).
could this be the ecu`s fault, i that case could i might use the 392 chip in the 391 ecu, if it`s not fried.

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
ECU and Injectors must match or the sled will not run properly.
The different injectors have different sized orifices and the ECUs are mapped to match.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so, what would be the best to do, could i change the chip in the circel ecu from the old one if it`s not burned that also. or do i need to get the matching injector to the new ecu.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i got the chip, so i guess i just would try to swap that and see if i got spark then, if not i need the injectors.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
changed with the orginal triangel chip now, and it seams to work much better now. its night here in norway now so not so good to test before tomorrow!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts