Arctic Cat Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,223 Posts
The bushings in the last old cat small pins were only good for about 1000 miles before they were trashed. I don’t see these teams being any better. We threw the primary in the trash this fall off my 7000 as there was nothing salvageable

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
The bushings in the last old cat small pins were only good for about 1000 miles before they were trashed. I don’t see these teams being any better. We threw the primary in the trash this fall off my 7000 as there was nothing salvageable
Are you saying All that reading I read on these clutches being more durable was fake news? Lol ill have a better look here when things settle down and warm up

·
Super Moderator
8,223 Posts
Are you saying All that reading I read on these clutches being more durable was fake news? Lol ill have a better look here when things settle down and warm up
Cat is on their 3 version of the primary. We got 2 seasons out of the team clutch on our second 7000. Our first 7000 had 10,000 miles on it when we sold it and the big pin clutch was still ok.

·
Administrator
2,311 Posts
IMHO the fixed pin, or setscrew weight style clutch is more durable than the team. Even if you ignore issues with the idler bearing..
The yamaha engines are really tough on clutches too, they have some weird harmonics and rattle like crazy.

·
Super Moderator
8,223 Posts
IMHO the fixed pin, or setscrew weight style clutch is more durable than the team. Even if you ignore issues with the idler bearing..
The yamaha engines are really tough on clutches too, they have some weird harmonics and rattle like crazy.
The on our 7000 sounded like a jack hammer lol

21 - 25 of 25 Posts