Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

i have a 2005 panther 570 fan ... been running like a top, properly summer-ized ... and prepped for this season, on the first outing after 5 mionutes of running, the engine seized solid. My warranty expired in October, and the seizure hapenned in december

Anyone have experience dealing with cat regarding a very recent expiry of the warranty? ... Anyone have experience with a seizure of a fan?

Thanks

Mike

·
Registered
87 Posts
Your best bet is to get on it right now. Meaning, don't waste another minute or it will be harder to get them to even look at your situation. Get ahold of a dealer you can trust now and talk to them about your problem and have them check it out with Cat. None of the warranties are done by the factory they are done by dealers so you should start there.

Unless you know one of the Cat factory reps personally it usually won't do much good to call them but if you don't get any satisfaction at the dealer level I would call them also.

Most of the time, if it is clearly a warranty issue and not neglect or abuse, they will cover it after the warranty period has expired (to certain point).

Be careful of the "parts only" warranties. Have found some dealers claiming Cat did a parts only warranty when in fact Cat covered the whole job. Dealers are not supposed to make money on warranty just cover cost.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks ... i actually have the sled at the dealers ... wrote an email to arctic cat and within 2 hours they had called me to get more information

the customer rep said they usually have a "good Will" gesture policy, not exactly sure what that mean, but i am crossing my fingers !!

cheers for the posting !!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts