Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey folks....is it possible to replace the crank seals on a 570 w/o splitting the case?

Solution (found via Search): probably could be done, but highly advisable to split the case and do it properly.

Engine has just over 10,000 miles...I have it apart to replace the pistons and rings and one cylinder and thought with those miles new seals would just be sensible. Would rather not split the case...I can, but I'd rather not.

Appreciate any help.

jl

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
I've heard of guys replacing the PTO end seal without splitting the case, but never the MAG end. If you have the top end apart why not do a proper job and split the case and replace both crank end seals. You can give the crank and rod end bearings and water/oil pump shaft a good look over while the crank is out.

·
Administrator
19,791 Posts
Exactly what he (94ZR580) said. I've replaced many PTO seals without splitting cases (they have no lip or rib to hold them in place), as they have a plate that is bolted to case that retains that side.

Mag side however, definitely requires splitting, as it has a raised retaining lip around its inside wall that will not come out without splitting its cases. No "if's, and's or but's" about it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies....appreciate it.
And that's just what I'm doing...splitting the case, checking things out and replacing the seals.
ThreeBond for the case sealer.
jl

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
oaken
Arctic Cat Forum
Arctic Cat forum is a community to discuss Arctic Cat 400, 440, 500, 650, snowmobiles, sleds, ATV's and more. Join the fun!
Full Forum Listing