Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took the top end off before we took the engine out to confirm that it was seized before the rebuild. I ended up just keeping the cam chain in until we had the engine completely apart. I forget at which stage we removed it. Anyway I have to put the chain back in so I can do the top end. Did some research on replacement and couldn’t find anything so I thought I’d post here.

In the shop manual they take the engine out of the frame with the top end in and everything from that point on in the shop manual doesn’t mention removing it or putting it back in on reassembly thats why I forgot about it until now. So I don’t know how to put it in.

-Nathan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I took the top end off before we took the engine out to confirm that it was seized before the rebuild. I ended up just keeping the cam chain in until we had the engine completely apart. I forget at which stage we removed it. Anyway I have to put the chain back in so I can do the top end. Did some research on replacement and couldn’t find anything so I thought I’d post here.

In the shop manual they take the engine out of the frame with the top end in and everything from that point on in the shop manual doesn’t mention removing it or putting it back in on reassembly thats why I forgot about it until now. So I don’t know how to put it in.

-Nathan

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just called the dealer and they said I got to take it all apart.

·
Administrator
35,437 Posts
Yes you do, and once you get it around the bottom gear and in the guide take a piece of wire and wire it up so it doesn’t fall down accidentally.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
2 Participants
doorfx
Arctic Cat Forum
Arctic Cat forum is a community to discuss Arctic Cat 400, 440, 500, 650, snowmobiles, sleds, ATV's and more. Join the fun!
Full Forum Listing