Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a factory cylinder for an 89 el tigre, on the box it says " cylinder assembly, 530 L/C D/T ". I understand the L/C part but can anyone tell me what the D/T stands for ? Thanks !

·
Registered
335 Posts
huh, that's interesting. check the engine model number that its supposed to go with maybe its got d/c in it somewhere? or it may fit 2 types of motors, one being signified by a d, one being a c?

Reactions: gibbrpm

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Casting numbers

Thanks for the idea but I think I've figured it out, not even the cat dealers can tell me what D/T stood for. After speaking to the dealer I went to cvtech-aab.com which is a major rebuilder and according to their site the cylinders are the same if it has a " D " or a " D2 " casting number. So I think it's D for the one casting number and T for the D2 casting. T for two. That's just my guess !

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
dt stands for de-tuned eltigre motor.
in 89 they came out with two diffrent motors, a older 530 with twin pipes and 38 carbs in the older eltigre chassis , in 89 are so they came out with another motor and chassis a de-tuned motor with 34 mm carbs a single pipe and smaller ports to accommodate the smaller carbs with racing rules

1 - 5 of 5 Posts