Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
O.K. guys I was looking over my 06 500 yesterday, getting ready for some spring riding. Checked the rear breaks as well as other stuff. It seems that based on what I saw on the rear breaks the question is "not if the break calipers will break but when"? There is no running clearance between the outside of the calipers and the inside of the rear rim! This design is complete rubich. The potential for failure is very real if you get a rock jammed in between the caliper and the rim.The inside of the rim is already gouged up from rocks and such, the bike only has 74 miles on it of which 20 % mud 80% trails and technical riding.Has any one ran into any problems from this observation? Maybe I am completely wrong but I understand what my eyes tell me and it goes against my understanding and mechanical background. :angry_mad:

Autocat :beer_cheers:

·
Registered
226 Posts
I have heard of ppl getting rocks jammed in there and busting the caliper. You could put on 1" or so wheel spacer.

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
1700 miles on mine and no problems yet... my rim is all gouged up as well from small rocks but haven't had any problems

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.