Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just found a high perf. cdi for 03-05 500,will increase rpm by 1000,unit is made by rm stator inc.,$103.00 30 day warr.
what do u think, would there be any noticable gain ??

:beer_cheers:

·
Registered
96 Posts
By increasing the RPM range only, you won't notice a powergain persay, just more RPMs which may have more HP in the higher RPMs. I know you will be adjusting valves more often if you take it up into the higher RPMs! And possibly rebuilding the engine as well. Just a thought.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Defanatly not worth it for an auto IMO.

·
Registered
5,165 Posts
After having mine under water for sometime it does not work anymore and killed my battery dead in 2 days..

i dont think they like to be under water :(

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
Nothing likes being under water, I don't care what kind it is the water will find a way in and short them out

·
Registered
18 Posts
not only incrase the rpm, and i cant find other performance cdi anywere, i plan to buy this cdi. And i get this information:

This redesign CDI Box/Rev. CDI Increases the maximum RPM 1000 rpm over the stock cdi unit and give 5°advance trough the entire rpm curve. The result is faster acceleration from zero to top speed. This cdi unit is built to get the more horsepower from your engine mod's.

http://www.rmstator.com/index.php/ATV/Arct...ce_cdi_box/1344

·
Registered
5,165 Posts
now thats a real CDI box :D i will have to get one of those good find there....

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
Where does it mention the 5deg advance?

WC

·
Registered
5,165 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BIG BAD CAT @ Apr 18 2007, 07:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
that is the same one I have its a procom cdi with the sticker off the top[/b]

that looks nothing like my procom magic box.. you got a pick of your box ?? i would like to see if it is differnt then mine as mine is not a CDI box ... mine just piggy backs on the battery..

·
Registered
456 Posts
is this mod worth the cash? Everones product promises great performance but is there a noticible difference in power gain? I am not looking for huge power gains but a noticible change for the good.

·
Banned
597 Posts
Hey danp- Did you end up buying this CDI?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts