Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Down here in Arizona we have lots of rocks and unpleasant things so good bash plates are essential. I'm thinking about buying a used 500 TRV or a new 650 TRV. I'm having trouble finding anyone who makes armor for the TRV Cats. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kevinbender0311 @ Jan 21 2007, 11:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
armor, as far as what? a-arm guards can be bought from a member on here or there are a couple of companies that sell them as well.[/b]

A-arm guards, frame guards, that sort of thing. I've seen some nice wrap around A-arm guards for other brands and for the DVX but not for the TRV. I realize the TRV series isn't the most popular so accessories and add-ons might not be as common.

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
i would believe that the trv add on's would be the same for the rest of the utility line up from ac. hos-stoppers is what they are called, a arm guards out of dimond plate, cover the bottom and front better than stockers. not sure if he is selling/making them anymore or not. hos.....something is his member name. mooseutilities.com, e-bay i have also seen other brands before. the plastic composit plate on the bottom i have not heard at all of someone breaking one, and personally i like it better than a steel one, easier to slide over obstaciles.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
My dealer has a fabricator working for him now that'll put steel tubing around the plastic too. Kind of a perimeter guard for it. Looks sharp, seems like it would help. Hos650 makes the hosstoppers, you might send him a PM and see if he's got any made up. TRV's a great choice btw. Love mine.
JD

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the feedback, guys. I have a penchant for liking equipment that's just a bit out of the ordinary and I suspected the list of special goodies for the TRV is kind of short. Well, this is farm country down here so metal fab shops are not that hard to find and it's kind of fun to invent your own stuff sometimes.

Doug

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Yeah, sometimes you have to make do with what you can fix up. If you get the TRV, I'm positive you'll love it. I do mine and the wife has a ball riding along.
JD
Just looked at your signature. When all else fails, play dead. I love Red Green.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kancoyote @ Jan 23 2007, 05:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Yeah, sometimes you have to make do with what you can fix up. If you get the TRV, I'm positive you'll love it. I do mine and the wife has a ball riding along.
JD
Just looked at your signature. When all else fails, play dead. I love Red Green.[/b]

I was talking to a friend in Canada one time and told her "I just watched a documentary about Canada!." She asked "Which one?" and I replied "The Red Green Show." :D

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I noticed in the current issue of Dirt Wheels magazine that a company, Aluminum Products (www.aluminumproducts.com) was making skid plates, bash plates, or whatever you want to call them for AC. I looked at their website and sent them an e-mail asking if they had anything planned for the TRV. I guess Kenny didn't have his coffee before he answered. Below is my original message and his friendly reply:

----- Original Message -----
To: vintagemxr
Sent: Wednesday, January 31, 2007 6:21 AM
Subject: Re: Ask Kenny!

NO, We will not have any more parts for the Cats. The sales are down on those machines.

Thank You
Kenny

----- Original Message -----
To: [email protected]
Sent: Tuesday, January 30, 2007 5:28 PM
Subject: Ask Kenny!

Kenny,

Skid plates and stick guards available for the (longer) Arctic Cat 650TRV yet?

Thanks,

Doug K.

--------

(According to AC's financial page ATV sales for 2006 were up about 7% over 2006)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts