Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 146 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,546 Posts
Hum "all new v-twin motor" that got my attention. Something smaller than 951cc maybe. Something that will also make it into the ATV's.... I dunno

Regarding a 50" wildcat- IT'S ABOUT TIME AC.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I missed that. They are really taking the bull by the horns at St. Cloud plant. New 600 Two Stroke sled and now this. Makes me proud to be a cat only owner of sleds and wheelers. Oh, wait, I do have a Polaris but I did give that to the step daughter. Does that count?

·
Premium Member
8,170 Posts
Hum "all new v-twin motor" that got my attention. Something smaller than 951cc maybe. Something that will also make it into the ATV's.... I dunno

Im pretty sure its the same 951 engine just changed things and wet clutch removed to get over 90hp

·
Registered
655 Posts
This isn't the wildcat x we are talking about, there have been rumours about a new smaller V-twin floating around for quite some time, as well as a new quad chassis with wildcat style suspension.

·
Registered
711 Posts
I talked with a guy at a mud run this summer who said he worked in St. Cloud and he said it was a 750ish v-twin. Just a rumor though. I really hope they don't wimp out and put the 700H1 motor in them. This thing will need to compete with the popo's 50 inch.

·
Registered
36 Posts
What if Cat was gonna use a smaller V-twin that was turbo'd? I know a guy with a 800 turbo'd RZR and a 900XP turbo'd and the 800 puts 125hp to the ground and the 900 puts 180hp to the ground. I think the Webber motor that I would like to swap into my RZR4 is 130hp stock and that's a 750 turbo from one of Polaris's sleds I think. It would be pretty cool if Cat was the first to have a stock turbo'd motor in one of their Wildcats.

·
Super Moderator
8,442 Posts
they have a blacked out wild cat limited build coming. It will come with super aggressive bead lock tires, aluminum doors, yoshi pipe, Top of the line fox shocks (appeared to be kashima coated) and some other changes. They had it at the cat show. My dealer showed me pictures of it. Looked pretty nice

·
Registered
364 Posts
I just hope the cargo area has a bit more room than the other wildcat. If it does,ill most likely own one. Im uncertain if ill buy 1st year or wait though.

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts

I saw the machine....BRIEFLY...at the dealer show. It had 700H.O. stamped on it.....I dunno

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts
they have a blacked out wild cat limited build coming. It will come with super aggressive bead lock tires, aluminum doors, yoshi pipe, Top of the line fox shocks (appeared to be kashima coated) and some other changes. They had it at the cat show. My dealer showed me pictures of it. Looked pretty nice
You mean ....THIS!

It drew more attention than the new sleds....:lol:

·
Registered
711 Posts
That is one sick Wildcat X!! Wish I could afford to buy any Wildcat but if I had an extra 20g I would put $$ down on that one!

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
they need that 50"model to be built like the full size wildcat just smaller, 1000 lbs or less and under $10000 to compete with a RZR 800! In nys thats all there is because you cant be over 50" wide and over 1000 lbs to register

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
This is great news, I've been wanting to buy a WC but they are no use on the trails. This along with a new engine, AC is finally stepping up their game. Let's hope they revamp all of their engines as Can Hams are just beasts with their heavy HP engines they offer. I am in the market for a side x side and just last weekend I went to a Can Am dealer and drove the Maverick X rs and that thing is a beast. With a 102 HP it's fast and I like the handling and ride better then the WildCat. I own a AC atv and am a die hard AC owner but the Hams a better performer so I hope the new 50" stands up to the Maverick.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Haven't heard anything in a while. I can't wait though. I think this new 50" model is going to be popular, depending on price. As 98woody said, if they can keep it under $10k it's going to be a home run!

·
Administrator
38,910 Posts
Then add the 105 HP kit !!!!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Any one got more news or spy pics on the new. 50" WildCat? Do you think this will be offered in the X addition package?

1 - 20 of 146 Posts