Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
today i thought id take the bike out for a run in the snow i get stuck then realize my 4 wheel drive quits working yet i was in 4 wheel drive to begin with not to impressed, my actuator is working any suggestions

·
Registered
38 Posts
i had that problem it was full of mud and S***

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it was weird i was in low range i got stuck the machine bounced a bit but i lett off the throttle ya the axles made some noise but i let right off the gas so i guess all be going to the dealer tmrw ive had the actuator replaced once before for leaking. I havent even had the bike a year with 780 miles and i dont drive the hell out of it

·
Registered
138 Posts
If you go back a bit I had the same problem with mine. Turns out there is a spring they have to install in the system to make it function correctlyl. It was a design flaw in the 06 400 that only affects some systems. Ask your dealer to call Arctic Cat and confirm the problem. Once the spring is in you will not have this problem again. Should be covered under warenty. I still can't figure out why there hasn't been a recall for this yet.

Goog luck.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Had same prob. with mine when new. Dealer put spring in front driveshaft and have not had a prob. since

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
im getting the bike back tmrw apparently i broke a clip on the drive shaft and it was just spinning and not connecting they think i may have had some ice built up but i dont see how . It sorta sounds like what u guys were talking about happy trails

1 - 8 of 8 Posts