Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I took my 650 v2 out ice fishing over the weekend, during this time it was left in 4x4. It was really slushy during the day and cold at night. I even had to plow some of the camp road too. When I brought it home monday, I switched it back to 2x4 and the actuator was "squealing" instead of the usual whirring noise, and it took some time for the wheeler to switch to 2x4. I think water might have gotten in there and frozen? I read my service manual and it recommended that the actuator be replaced if it is squealing. So I went out today and put it into 4x4 and it squealed again and clunked when it engaged... I was wondering if you guys had any thoughts or suggestions. I was reading about these actuators being expensive. Thanks a lot for your help!

·
Administrator
38,909 Posts
This is what they look like inside and they are easy to take off and take apart. Perhaps a good cleaning might do it.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361392779.259613.jpg

·
Registered
89 Posts
It's about a $400 repair if you have it done at the dealer. Should be easy enough to replace yourself, though, if you have to. I think I would remove it and open it up first and see if you can dry it out and apply some new lube to fix it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the quick responses guys! The infomation and photo helped a lot... I am going to bring it somewhere warm to thaw out and then if that doesn't work open it up and see if I can't dry it out! Man I wish I had a heated garage!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts