Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 400i manual. I just put a clutch kit in it. The problem is it is still slipping very bad. I got the kit from Dennis Kirk. It is a DP for trail and mud. It had a new friction and metal plates in it. I called the tech line but I knew more then the guy I was talking to. I have rechecked everything. The four bolts that hold the springs in the clutch basket how tight are they suposed to be? If anyone has any help or ideas please let me know

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It does not have a belt it is a manual. I have 27 inch gators as far as mud it does it all the time. I will slip in the yard

·
Registered
358 Posts
I'm sure you done this, but did you adjust your clutch after you put the kit in? Maybe one of your springs was not all the way in and popped out? Just a shot in the dark. I got my kit from EPI, it only came with springs no plates.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
All of that is good. I am thinking it maybe the starter shoe clutch and the housing. I checkedthe housing and the inside has wear that is about 1/8 thick all the way around. The shoe clutch itself has no friction material on it. Just something I seen what do you think? Another question. The four bolts on the clutch basket that hold the springs in how tight do they need to be?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thats your problem i'm going through the same thing its your starter shoe and housing. The cheapest place i found new one is Babbits online.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah I also looked there. My problem is I need it by this weekend. We are all going to Doles GA. to the Creek Bottom Trail Rides park. I talked to a local drealer and his price is about 30 bucks more but I will have it the middle of this week. I sure hope this fixes the problem. Hey Can you tell me how tight the four spring bolts should be?

·
Registered
10 Posts
i'm not really sure sorry, hope it all works out for ya.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just let everyone know. It was the started shoe clutch and the clutch housing. I replaced both and it works as good as new!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts