Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Just bought my first 2007 400i AUTO 0ct 06 and have already put 1600km on it. Have added 26inch MudLite ITP and EPI clutchkit. Waiting on my 2" highlifter and K&N filter. Looking at any help and pix on Snorkeling my bike. Confused by 3 snorkels for an auto? Any help would be appreciated..

PlaZmiX

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
Here is the link to answer I posted for pictures on snorking the 400 auto. Pretty simple job to do. Sanny is right about what the third snorkle is, however the belt exhaust for the 400 exits the belt housing in the rear and comes up between the gas tank fill nozzle and faces the plastic. There are ways to run it from the back to the front, you'll have to search on those. I haven't done the belt exhaust yet on either of my boys 400 or 500 but plan to this summer.

My recommendation for cutting your plastic is to use a good hole saw so you get a nice clean round cut.
Good Luck and welcome to the board.

http://www.arcticchat.com/forums/index.php...54659&st=15

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thx for all the help guys... Just a question whats the most hidden way to run the belt exhaust to the front, and is it possible to hide the entire pipe until its at the front where i want it to stick out? if u have it done pls msg me with pics

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
I don't know about your setup. MuddedPrairie (mark) had a slick setup on his (now sold) 500. he turned his front bumper into a snorkel! Great idea really.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So finally gonna take the plunge, this friday im snorkling my 400i, only worry now is the jet, can i modify by the nut on the bottom of the carb, or is the only chance buying a new jet.

gots to make a list of stuff too... lol i feel like a little kid at xmas :super_happy:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got it all done, works and looks awsome. Went with the 2inch pipe though and added a Dynojet kit

[attachment=68519:My_bike.JPG][attachment=68520:Me_Swimmin.JPG]
[attachment=68521:3_of_us.JPG]

Attachments

·
Registered
947 Posts
any pics on how you routed your belt exhaust?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ill take a couple in the next day or so, and post them for you, i hid the exhaust snorkel just under my display (didnt feel like cutting another hole :yo_sup:

·
Registered
947 Posts
r u on the base in Shilo?, if so how is the training area for riding?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ya i am, Training area is not bad, very seldom they let us ride on it, but spruce woods has some good trails all throughout, and there is a little swamp just off the training area for some good muddin

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.