Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2004 400 automatic with FIS I am replacing the wheel bearings. Does anyone have ant suggestion on what to use? Or is OEM the best. I want to stay away from the China junk and ALL Balls. Thanks

·
Premium Member
8,170 Posts
2008 kawi trex oem bearings

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2004 400

That is what my 07 650 takes but the part number for my 04 is differnt according to Arctic Cat. 0402-275 is what they call for on the 2004.

·
Premium Member
8,170 Posts
only difference i see is its a 3 piece bearing and seals...the new ones are just one piece....other then that the a-arms and hub and ball joints all look the same i cant see the bearing size being different at all

Reactions: catman650

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
According to my cat dealer my 400 takes 55x30x30 bearings. The newer bearings( like on my 650h1) are 55x30x32. This leaves no room for my seals.Looks like I have to go with the OEM bearing I guess.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Pivot works have been serving me decently, I had a pivot works in my front left that was put in 8+yrs ago, sat and allowed to dry out and gross up for 5 yrs, then i started riding it again through creeks, mud, skeg, etc, took probably 300km after that for the bearing to be shot, the brand new on in my back is going strong... i dont see any issue with them

1 - 7 of 7 Posts