Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 04 650v2 and I want 4.0 gears. The way I understand it, besides the gears, I need the inner part of the axle from a 05 or up for the rear, and 06 or newer front axles. Can I buy just the inner part of the axle, or do I have to buy the whole thing?

If I bought new Babbitts sells a complete axle for 184. Not to bad, but gets expansive when buying four. Should I be looking for used axles? Would I be able to find broken axles and use them? As long as the break occurred at the center or outer section of the axle I should be able to use my old axles to fix them.

What is everybody’s thoughts on this?

·
Registered
5,165 Posts
you will only need front axles anyway, and if you could you could just get the inner cups and put them on your stock axles.
or you could pm OBD and see if he has stock axles for sell he has been selling them real cheap,matter of fact i think he has some listed over on www.Highlifter.com for sell in the swap and shop..

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info, I thought I needed both axles. When I have all of the pieces rounded up I'll post more info, surely there are others interested in this.

Right now it looks like the cheapest way is a used complete front diff, and a set of complete used front axles.

I haven't located a used rear diff yet. If I can't, I'll change the gears myself.

I know I'll need a 9t pinion, new ring gear, and a special tool to remove the pinion. What else? Shims, gaskets?

·
Registered
5,165 Posts
look on e-bay for HeatonArctic cat i just bought one from them for the rear for 300$ there are out of demo quads and are like new they had 5 of them left i do think.. :)

for $300 its really cheaper to buy one from them,and keep yours for a spare or sell it and get some money back on it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts