Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put a 3degree key in my 05 f7 and i have a d&d pipe and header and last weekend i had 80 into ride and seized up dealer said i should take the key out because other people have had to many problems. ps.was running 460 jets and about 30degrees out. its a carb to

·
Registered
691 Posts
I agree...93 or racing fuel!!! A few guys up here has been using the 2 or 2.5 keys with Sunoco Gold gas and works flawlessly!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a D&D y-pipe D&D lite pipe speedwerks can 3deree key and D&D clutch kit and bullseyes. i was told to run 480 jets w/93 or higher octane. but when it seized i had 460s in it because D&D origanally told me thats what i needed and i checked the plugs and the looked fine but i see it wasnt.but i just ordered a digatron yesterday so that should help me.

·
Registered
976 Posts
I think 460 mains is a little lean for the pipe and the key. Run your sled at various steady throttle positions, then slightly "blip" the choke lever. If rpms do not decrease, the fuel mixture is lean at that position. Remember that advanced timming improves low end and increases heat. The y-pipe increases flow = needs more fuel.IMO

·
Registered
84 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (F 7 SPANKING @ Feb 23 2007, 03:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I just pop mine for the 2 time pull that key ported cut head 6 bull eys and i always run 94.i got a 3 key and bam it aint worth it[/b]
Huh?

Not a clue what you are trying to say? Need some punctuation but I get the just of it.

Anyways I wouldn't run more than a 2 or 2.5 key without something to also control the fuel better (boondocker). The more you mode something the more likely it is to have problems. Most often instead of trying to mod out an F5 your better to just get a F7 - unless your racing and want to stay in a class level.

·
Registered
64 Posts
:super_happy: We have a 03 and a 05 F7 and run 3 degees in both with pump gas, no problem ever, but we are at 10,000' also. Freind said it did more performance than a pipe on his M7. My M8 runs to hot to even think about it. Don't know about low elevation

·
Registered
243 Posts
I've got a friend that has added 6* of timing to his 05 F-7 carbed sled,cut head,port matched and Speedwerx single. He runs 490s most of the time, sometimes he drops down more for drag racing.He's at 150 HP,if he leans it out he can pick up a little more.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts