Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I've got a crazy question on my son's 366 the belt broke, so I ordered a gates belt replaced it it lasted about 100-125 miles so I ordered another. It lasted about twice as long so I decided to order a Arctic cat one. Well we installed it and with the cover off and the 4wheeler on jack stands we fired it up have it a little gas and the secondary clutch is making a heck of a noise kind of like a wheel bearing going out . Well I took the clutch off cleaned everything is tight . Anyone have any clue what it could be ? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I took the cover off after a couple miles and it wasnt showing to much wear . Maybe some scuffing on the edge but didnt look major . I'll take the cover off tomorrow and look again he has probably 10-12 miles on it now but hes taking it easy.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I took the cover off again the belt looks great . Started it up no noise at idle but id say at a little less then 1/4 throttle it starts making making the noise and it doesn't matter if its in neutral or in gear.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I found the problem. Took the secondary clutch apart and it looks like the bushing is worn pretty bad the one on the ramp plate side anyone have a used clutch out there?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Did you buy a secondary? I see parts from Cat are unavailable. I just ordered one from Country Cat today. Almost bought from Kymco, but wasn't 100% sure it was the same. Heck of a lot cheaper though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Did you buy a secondary? I see parts from Cat are unavailable. I just ordered one from Country Cat today. Almost bought from Kymco, but wasn't 100% sure it was the same. Heck of a lot cheaper though.
I actually found a used clutch from a 500 and it worked so far so good.

·
Administrator
37,851 Posts
I’ve got a good used one if anyone needs it.

·
Administrator
37,851 Posts
I’ve got one for sale

1 - 11 of 11 Posts