Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So last year I had zero issues, sled running like a champ.

I get the sled out this year and it will not idle down. It idles around 3000 rpm, sometimes more (like just after a long rip and waiting for group to catch up I have to have the brake on to keep it from creeping). The sled runs great other than this (still pulls from stock F7's from 50-?mph)

Anyone ever experience this with their EFI sled?

I have bmp stock pipe mod and 2.5 degree advanced timing key. I run 92+ all the time. 3800 miles on sled.

I've checked the plugs and they still look fine, if slightly dark/rich.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Hmmm..check your throttle bodie area, make sure it is returning all the way to the stop. Other than that, with those symptoms if it was a carb, it would indicate too much air (lean). Maybe you have a blown crank seal.

·
Registered
38 Posts
all u do is loosen the cable where it pulls on the throttle body give it more slack did it to mine start sled and then loosen it the idle wlii go down

·
Registered
38 Posts
all u do is loosen the cable where it pulls on the throttle body give it more slack did it to mine start sled and then loosen it the idle wlii go down

·
Registered
38 Posts
all u do is loosen the throttle cable where it pulls on the throttle body . start sled loosen cable / give it more slack your idel will drop

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, will try the cable thing.

Plugs look fine, but I'll keep checking the to make sure.

I could just tell the wife I have the blown crankseal. Tell her I patched it with some whatever but that I'll have to replace the crank seal in the off season.

Then it's port time baby, BMP here I come, oh yeah, I'll trade my cylinders for those 925 jugs you got there!!!!

Prolly won't do any of that, but it sure sounds fun.

·
Registered
686 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bigblock2stroke @ Jan 24 2007, 02:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

I get the sled out this year and it will not idle down. It idles around 3000 rpm, sometimes more (like just after a long rip and waiting for group to catch up I have to have the brake on to keep it from creeping). The sled runs great other than this (still pulls from stock F7's from 50-?mph)

I have bmp stock pipe mod and 2.5 degree advanced timing key. I run 92+ all the time. 3800 miles on sled.

I've checked the plugs and they still look fine, if slightly dark/rich.[/b]
Did you put a riser on it? Could be causing your issues.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rocket900 @ Jan 25 2007, 08:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bigblock2stroke @ Jan 24 2007, 02:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've checked the plugs and they still look fine, if slightly dark/rich.[/b]
Did you put a riser on it? Could be causing your issues.
[/b][/quote]

I did put a 6.5 inch riser on it at the end of last year. Didn't make the connection there, but that does make sense.

Good call.

Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts