Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

· Premium Member
6,105 Posts
Glad she's ok! So correct on the 3 rs......and don't forget to add "ride right"

· Registered
718 Posts
Linda was very lucky. Glad she was okay, it could have been worse. That's sweet that you found a hood and ride few more before the season is over. Where are you guys riding this weekend? This weekend Hil and I are hoping to ride from Wattsburg, PA to Arcade, NY and sleep over and ride back.

Hey make sure that the steering post is not hitting the gas tank near where it's connects the steering linkage. Double check that.

Take care,
Dusty

· Registered
557 Posts
Thank God she is ok Corey. I hope Linda is feeling good now.

I used to ride every weekend up on tug hill. Never had an accident but as I got older just realized that it was just a place to ride bar to bar.

All straightaways and very few corners= fast riding on 3' tall bumps.

· Registered
12,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wicked King @ Feb 1 2007, 02:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I'm glad she wasn't seriously injured, and thanks for posting this well-timed reminder for us all. Despite what we think and say... we all can use a reminder of what can happen now and then.

Take care![/b]
Thanks and you're more than welcome, Wicked King. :thumbsup:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mktgway @ Feb 1 2007, 03:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Glad she's ok! So correct on the 3 rs......and don't forget to add "ride right"[/b]
Yes, I absolutely forgot to mention that. Thanks, Bud. :sure_ok:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MasterF6 @ Feb 1 2007, 05:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Where are you guys riding this weekend? This weekend Hil and I are hoping to ride from Wattsburg, PA to Arcade, NY and sleep over and ride back.

Take care,
Dusty[/b]
Dusty, We're not riding this weekend as I'm going to start working on it over the weekend. I'll test ride it on Sunday to be sure everything's in running Top Notch condition. I'll get in touch with you and Robin D. to plan out WNY ride. He called me the other night and asked me to ride which I, of course had to turn down by explaining to him what really had happened at Tug. He was grateful that Linda was OK. :D

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dukie @ Feb 1 2007, 06:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Thank God she is ok Corey. I hope Linda is feeling good now.

I used to ride every weekend up on tug hill. Never had an accident but as I got older just realized that it was just a place to ride bar to bar.[/b]
Yeah, I totally understood what you're saying...After seeing Linda lying on the snow unconsciously and her Nightfire upside down. I'm calling it 'QUITS' on Tug Hill. Not interested in riding on roads, ice and dealing with racer wannabes up there. I'm done and will stay around Western New York area where there are alot of open trails out in the fields with so many views to enjoy. :drool: :wub:

· Registered
63 Posts
Thank the lucky stars! It gave me chills just reading it because we all know how these things can go the other way.
I know I've scared myself beyond pale before and that is what gives me the respect I need to have to ride safely. Linda will be a safer/better rider for this.

I had an old boss that told me a simple little rule of thumb when it comes to being safe. He said "Safety is not a series of actions, but a series of thoughts, a state of mind, you have to think, what could happen if" for example " If I crest this rise going WFO what's the worst that could happen"...... that line of thought has caused me to back off it more times than I can count.

I'm just so glad it wasn't worse!

Keep it purty side up!!!!

· Registered
12,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Thanks, Rad !. I absolutely like your old boss's quotations which makes alot of sense. :sure_ok: :thumbsup:

The very same goes for you on your new (my old) T-Cat baby. Take a real good care of it as you know how much power it can deliver out on the trails. Sure miss the Triple Power myself though. :drool:

T'care,

AB

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.