Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got new 2007 650 h1 TRV and have a few questions.
1. The digital speedometer is listed as a speedo/tach. How can I get it into tach mode?
2. There is a loose electrical connection over the right rear wheel. What is this for?
3. Just above the receiver hitch, the are 4 holes for mounting something. Are these for brushguards or winch or something else?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Steve

·
Super Moderator
5,050 Posts
Welcome!! The loose plug is to plug in a charger or accessory.There is also one in the front. I would need to look at my manual for the speedo to tach, but Im sure someone will add to this. I dont know about the holes, either.
In the pinned section you should be able to download a service manual from a site. I would sent you one, but the file is too big for me to email. Hope you like this site! Frank

·
Super Moderator
1,820 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (smeyer56 @ Dec 21 2009, 10:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I just got new 2007 650 h1 TRV and have a few questions.
1. The digital speedometer is listed as a speedo/tach. How can I get it into tach mode?
2. There is a loose electrical connection over the right rear wheel. What is this for?
3. Just above the receiver hitch, the are 4 holes for mounting something. Are these for brushguards or winch or something else?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Steve[/b]

WELCOME TO THE SITE! :D

To answer your questions:
1. Sorry NO TACH mode. My '08 said the same thing.
2. the "loose" connection is an accessory plug to run......accessories. I plug my battery maintainer into it, or run my back-up AC torchlight when plowing. The "sister" plug on the front is up in front of the handlebars just beneath the plastics. I plugged my handwarmers & winch switch into it.
3. the 4 mounting holes I'm fairly certain are for attaching a rear bumper. (although there ARE 4 holes in the front bumper plate for a winch)

Feel free to ask any questions about your new TRV. Great bunch in here to give you a hand.

Oh and before I forget........we have a law here at ACHAT...................MANLAW. Post up pics of your ride!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Just to clarify, when I bought my TRV I asked the dealer if that plug in the back was for the battery charger/tender and he said it was for accessories. Can I plug the battery tender into it without any problems?

·
Premium Member
1,911 Posts
Yes you can, that is the point of it. Sigh mabey the dealers should start to read this site and learn some more about their product.

·
Super Moderator
1,820 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dszrew @ Dec 21 2009, 12:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Just to clarify, when I bought my TRV I asked the dealer if that plug in the back was for the battery charger/tender and he said it was for accessories. Can I plug the battery tender into it without any problems?[/b]
YES.

I have the wifey's 550 plugged in that way for the past 2 months on 1 of my 1.5amp tenders. NP.

I should clarify though...my TRV IS NOT plugged in that way due to my dual battery set-up. I run an extra plug wired DIRECTLY to the + of the stock battery and the - of the 2nd battery that's also grounded to the frame.

Either way, it charges the bat(s). You can ALSO charge thru your 12v accessory plug on the instrument pod.

·
Registered
40 Posts
If your bike has a analog speedometer you can switch it to tach by pressing the Mod button on the gauge Pod

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
Good catch. The 650H1's came with either an all digital or an analog/digital. The analog/digital one (which is what I have) does toggle. Not sure if the all digital one does or not.

Sorry for the confusion. Forgot that there were two styles out there.

·
Super Moderator
1,820 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
does your TRV have an analog speedometer and the rest is Digital or the hole gauge is Digital

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sorry no pics Mr. Moose. Just found this site and don't have pics yet. I will work on that and maybe post pics tonight.
Tom Cat, It is an all digital no analog.

·
Premium Member
8,170 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dszrew @ Dec 23 2009, 08:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Here's another question--is the foot brake the back only, or does it apply both front and back brakes?[/b]
Foot brake does rear tires only.... And full digital speedos do not do tachs.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dszrew @ Dec 23 2009, 07:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Here's another question--is the foot brake the back only, or does it apply both front and back brakes?[/b]

Foot brake is all four, it does not have separate breaks for front and rear.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (400crasher @ Dec 23 2009, 10:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Are you sure about that Mitchell?? I think the foot brake is only the rear.[/b]
I guess that is what i remember it being, but it sounds like im wrong, i don't use it enough to really notice, but thanks for clearing that up Not worthy:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts