Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used the disk's yet ? i was wondering how it preformed and where can i buy one for my atv ? my local dealer ?

·
Registered
731 Posts
Nope, cost to much for my wallet and needs right now. It is a slick set up it seems. Just to much for what I need. I don't think I could justify that one to the wife. :stop_nono:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well im thinking of buying it because i dont wanna pay 15,000 for a tractor and i only use my atv for small food plots.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Not quite that cheap (close), but I have a much more capable machine. Look around and you'll find old Ford 9N/2N/8ns cheap. They won't be pretty, but they'll do what you need done and more. Ferguson TO-20s, 30s, and MF-35s can be had for about the same as the Fords. For a couple of grand you can have a tractor, plow, and disc if you are patient.

Go to www.yeaterdaystractors.com and look at the ads to get an idea.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
WOW i go to that site every time i think about getting a tractor instead (like every day). if i could get a tractor with a disc setup for under 2 grand in NY i would buy it in a heart beat. theres good deals on there but i cant afford to go out of the state and pull a tractor back. And having a company transfer it cost about $2500.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Try craigslist for NY. You can find deals if you're not in a hurry. If you want to plant food plots this spring, your options are limited. I used to live in NY and know that most of the old family farms are gone, so you are probably less likely to find a small tractor then say 10 years ago, but I have to think they are still out there. If you have a buddy with a truck and trailer, you can make a road trip and get one with cultivators from Tennessee, Kentucky, North Carolina where a lot of the small tobacco farms are going belly up. Just options to consider.

I will admit that maintenance on a tractor will increase your workload and expensive over a speed point setup, but the tractor can do so much more that if you have any other chores to do on the land it will pay for itself quickly. I love my Cat, but it ain't no tractor!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts