Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Im looking at buying a M8000. I have little experience on newer sleds. Can I just get a brief response. Or elaborate if you'd like. Thx.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Im looking at buying a M8000. I have little experience on newer sleds. Can I just get a brief response. Or elaborate if you'd like. Thx.
I haven’t been a member on here very long but from looking around not many people respond to questions like they do over on doo talk. I just bought a 17 M8000 153 and I’m shorting it to a 141 with a 1.75 track for trail riding. My nephew has a 14 1100 162 with the three inch paddle track and i rode it for about 35 miles on hard pack trails and hated everything about it. Its not like any real bad vibration the sled just didn’t handle well and it ran hot. You could shave the track down that would most likely help for hard pack trail riding if that’s what your going to do. I got a sweet deal on mine and for about 750 bucks i found the 141 rails and track to do the swap so thats going to be my fix for trail riding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
I’ve been on this forum for a while and mountain sleds don’t get the same attention as others. Same goes for the Bearcat / utility section for guys like me.
Vintage30 is probably doing the best thing for his sled for the area he rides.

·
Registered
31 Posts
What does the 3" height lugs feel like when driving across hard packed snow? Is it noticeably irritating?
It feels like any deep lug on hard pack. They don't work well there it's not what they are designed for. If your planning on primarily hardpack riding you may want to look into a different model with a different track. I had a 19 3" 163 but on an ice day and it would spin out easily as would any track aside from a rip saw or ice track. It outshined itself the next weekend after 2+' of fresh

·
Registered
31 Posts
What was your previous model and where/how did you ride it? Mountains? Hard yes. Flatland? Maby. Trails only? Not at all.
I came from the flats but would ride an m series there cause I know where I want to get stuck. But if your just ditch banging and avoiding all the cat tails I'd go with something more like a cross over

1 - 6 of 6 Posts