Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finally was able to take the new sled out. Rode Friday afternoon, all day Saturday, and today. I checked my sled over on every issue on the "F1000 Issues Topic" and can actually say I do not have anything wrong with the exception of the plastic vibrating and my digital readout tach and fuel quantity turning off then back on when I flip on the high beams . No overheating, no engine cutting out, no track rubbing on bolt heads, no melting plastic, no wire bundles needing rerouting, no anti-freeze leaks, etc... :thumbsup:

I can honestly say that Cat has made one fine machine here. I can not beleive the ride and the way this thing handles, it is like riding on a rail. My SP is still stock at this time, I have the Y-Pipe and Bullseyes, but I have not installed them yet. The more I drove the better it ran, after the break-in I can tell you this thing moves. I do plan on studding the track in the near future. 300 miles and all is fine. Bottomline, I am more then happy with this one. :super_happy:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Nice to see everything's fine on your sled :thumbsup: .

Kinda weird that the digital display goes on and off when you flick the high beams I dunno . I just tried it on mine and it did it the the first click after starting the sled, but every other time was OK...very weird... :bang: .

Can you see if your sled goes back to MPH after switching it to KPH (by pressing and holding the top button) then stopping the sled. I kinda remember my Firecat keeping the setting I chose.

Everything else was fine on my sled, apart from ruining my carbides on the first ride :angry: . Still can't beleive how the suspension is GREAT and the reverse is pretty sweet too slomo .

My sled is also stock and will probably keep it like that till next season. Then I'll decide which tried and tested mods work better on the sled eekkk .

Later,

Steph

·
Registered
13,095 Posts
Thanks for the great report. It's always fun to read on how you're getting a blast out of your new sled. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
475 Posts
i put 311 miles this past week end on my f1000 and it was great and the best sled on gas in the bunch of us and the was 2 f7.s and zr 900 and mxz 800 and 97 cat 580 ext and mine was the best it will go easy 150 to a tank

·
Registered
37 Posts
610 miles on mine. First 300 stock. NO PROBLEMS!!! I like it the more I ride it. The last 310 after adding, boondocker, y pipe, bullseyes, single D&D pipe D7D can and clutch spring 187 studs. NO PROBLEMS!!! Pulls like a biaaaatch...

·
Registered
86 Posts
rode my f1000sp yesterday for 160miles but lost power to head lights(low beam only)at 60 miles.My dealer found a bad connection in main wire feed so I am going back for another ride tomorrow morning.Ran 119 mph on gps yesterday and speedometer was only 2 mph off.Very happy so far.

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (srpigeon @ Jan 15 2007, 10:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Nice to see everything's fine on your sled :thumbsup: .

Kinda weird that the digital display goes on and off when you flick the high beams I dunno . I just tried it on mine and it did it the the first click after starting the sled, but every other time was OK...very weird... :bang: .

Can you see if your sled goes back to MPH after switching it to KPH (by pressing and holding the top button) then stopping the sled. I kinda remember my Firecat keeping the setting I chose.

Everything else was fine on my sled, apart from ruining my carbides on the first ride :angry: . Still can't beleive how the suspension is GREAT and the reverse is pretty sweet too slomo .

My sled is also stock and will probably keep it like that till next season. Then I'll decide which tried and tested mods work better on the sled eekkk .

Later,

Steph[/b]
I changed my MPH to KPH and shut down. I then restarted and it remained on KPH, I then shut it down again and when I restarted it it did change back to MPH. I also noticed the digital read out now goes off only the first time I switch on the high beams, yesterday it was doing it everytime. This is weird.

·
Administrator
2,581 Posts
The digital read out shuts off if there isn't enough juice to run it. If you have all your warmers on high, brakes on, the sled just started and idling low, and push the button slowly so that all 4 bulbs are on for a moment, the voltage drops, and the guage blacks out momentarly

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mine was going out at 60 MPH without the warmers on. Not a big deal, I will track it down some day. For know I am planning my next trip north.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Went for another ride yesterday of 235 miles of motorcross trail (very bad trails) and came back with no screens left on cab and no more hand warmers.Wire was rubbing on plastic part and cut wire completely.So came back home and fixed wire.I am leaving again friday for 700 miles trip and can't wait to see what will go wrong next,but f..... that f1000 is fast.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts