Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
I'm sure I saw a few sets in the for-sale section a few days ago...

·
Premium Member
8,170 Posts
Do not purchase a 2006-2008 Rear Suzuki powered cat differential as it will not work for you. Suzuki motors run reverse on the output shaft.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
So what kind would one get?

·
Premium Member
8,170 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Crash06 @ Nov 21 2009, 04:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
So what kind would one get?[/b]
Id look for 650h1 diffs as they will bolt right up

·
Premium Member
1,673 Posts
400 or 500 diffs should bolt right in also. you want 06 or newer,also 07-08 400 auto and 06 650 v2 are 4.0

·
Registered
5,165 Posts
you could also just buy the ring and pinion new from AC and stick in them, the rears is pretty cheap to do only the front ring gear cost alot.

I would check E-bay as well i allwsy see 3.6 diffs used on there.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Im sure theres already somewhere someone has answered this on here but what would u have to buy to do the ring and pinion swap? how much are we talking versus just buyin new diffs front and rear?

·
Registered
5,165 Posts
the rear ring gear is around $145 bucks and the pinion is around $80 bucks, the front pinion is the same price but the front ring gear is twice the price of the rear.
thats the main things that need changed you might need some new shims but there not to bad of a price.

www.catbargains.com has a nice parts break down with prices and all so you can add everything up. :)

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Will do thnx Garrett

1 - 10 of 10 Posts