Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

3/15/17 new york snow

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  snowxcrazy1 
#1 ·
well is it great or is the news full of beans looks like time for road trip out there ????

#2 ·
cannot say what all or, or what part of NY got, but I got 27 inches here in NE Pa
and love to say its great, but its actually too deep for me, tons of huge drifts
local trails opened today, will be grooming tonight or tomorrow they said, so after that, be a different story I think

#3 ·
Personally at my house in central NY we got 32", then the wind picked up and drifted it like a MoFo.... I also saw pictures from the Old Forge area, and they showed about the same amount. There was a band that hit us and stalled over us for a good couple (2-4 hours?) and dumped like 3-4" an hour.... was insane. It stretched from just north east of Binghamton to nearly Saranac Lake.

Found this pic on facebook....

https://www.facebook.com/2470213053...021305325294/1593363000691111/?type=3&theater

#6 ·
HAHA< and your right 10 yrs ago I wouldn't have cared HOW deep or bad roads were I would be traveling if needed to ride and wouldn;t care about getting stuck

BUT I ain't no kid no more, still good with driving truck /trailer in bad weather/roads
but no desire on getting that stuck either!.

too many health issue's make and ruin the riding anymore, need GOOD conditions or I am stuck WANTING to ride more than riding

have 2+ ft here snowing right now and , only got out for one small ride and got struck a few times and gave up

Groomers are OUT now, on local trails, but so is a small army of young guns and wild like riders
so, won't be going there on a weekend, don't want to ride all moguals and or be the slow guy on the trail getting passed by the want a be racers(not bashing them either, I was young once too)

SO< IF trails stay open (they officially closed on march 15, and extended for THIS weekend, NOT sure if they will stay open past this weekend, fingers crossed they do, but? land owners have contracts they want followed I BET too, so, see both sides here as well)

and SO< IF they stay open, and IF they groom again after the weekend, I will be out for one more last ride, if not, I will be kicking myself in the a$$ for not going I guess, but honestly its the better call for me

snow hasn't settled in yet either, its still very deep and mostly powder with a slight 2 inch crust on top now
with again 3-6 more inches supposed to fall today!

ain't easy getting old folks, add in a ton of injuries from being a foolish young gun, and its even harder, ride safe and enjoy what you can when you can, ONLY go around once!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.