Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking at a set of highlifter tires and wheels they are out law 28 inch. Are these a good quality combo? Are the tires comparable to mudlites? Lat thing are 28's too much for my 650 V2? thanks

·
Registered
263 Posts
Hello...I have a 06-v2..I run the 27"mst Laws..They are more in the line as the mudlites...MST..athough not as wild as the outlaws they do well... [attachment=62115:Stuff_003.jpg]

Attachments

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
You will need to do some good clutching to run them, but it will do it.
I used to run 29.5s on my 650 cat. The Outlaws are a Mud Tire, the mudlights are a trail tire.
the outlaws are no good for anything other then mud riding. The mudlights are an ok tire for trails and an ok for mud. My next tire will be 28in Outlaw MSTs. they seem like one of the best tires on the market.
Here's a pic of my Cat on 28in mudlights and on 29.5 Outlaws.

Attachments

·
Registered
415 Posts
Like stephen said you will need some clutching done. I have an 05 and put 28" Laws on also(9.5 front 12.5rear) I have a Red secondary and a bright green primary spings and a Bruteforce belt and the belt it pretty tight, with that them tires should be slinging no problem. Also I would look into a module The Outdoor Shop sells the moose module which is the one I have. But I think I would rather have the dynatech one. Other than that you should be good unless you want to snorkel&jet it and put the radiator on the rack will help keep mud out and the engine cool.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I decided no to run the laws not right for my style of riding im putting them in the swap meet! thanks for the replies

1 - 5 of 5 Posts