Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, I have a 2006 arctic cat 400i, i like playing in the mud. But i would like to add bigger tires, and a clutch kit. since the 400 puts out good power for engine size, Do you guys think that the 400 can turn the 27 in. tires... or should i just stay with 26's?? all input appreciated, thankx ahead

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have an 04 and I have no problems turning them at all. Reverse sucks, but I have never had a time when I couldn't back out. Not even the stickiest mud. Hope his helps.

·
Registered
25 Posts
On mutipule occations when my 650 is broken, I take my wifes 400. bang your head It truns the 27's fine except in reverse. I think a clutch would solve that. I ride with a friend who has a brute force with 28 zilla's, piped and jetted. It pisses him off when my wife has to pull him out and then goes through the same hole he was stuck in. :super_happy: :tongue_nana:

·
Registered
474 Posts
I don't know if I'd run big mud tires on it, I run 27" Bearclaws on mine, and I noticed a little power loss, but not too bad.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I run 27" outlaws on mine with no problems. With a few mods the 400 will turn 27's just fine.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Im running 27 outlaws with no mods but, a clutch kit and pipe are soon to come just because it couldnt hurt ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well thanks for all the info guys, Spang400, Do u have any pics of your quad in action with those laws on it?? as for performance, i am definatly going to put a clutch kit and exhaust on it. i work at my local arctic cat dealer as a tech, and we are a dealer for speedwerx ;)

·
Registered
182 Posts
Every time ive been riding since Ive gotten the tires nobody had a camera. I will have some soon though as soon as the water goes down a little around here, its up so high you cant see the trails.

·
Premium Member
2,025 Posts
My ol lady's 02 400i manual runs 27 swamp lites just fine.
Kenny

1 - 9 of 9 Posts