Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On a 2006 Tony Stewart V2 650, how would 27" Mudlite XTR's and a Moose module work for all around performance? Would there still be a chance of an "overrev"? What would be a suggested "Best Set-up" for trail riding, fire road riding and mud running? I'm just tring to gather opinions before I purchase this friday.

·
Premium Member
767 Posts
I have the same 06 650v2 TS ,and its awesome on power. You have the option of buying the moose module for $100 or so, it will just give low end which is not bad. I prefer the dynatek which is close to $200 but it gives a boost thru the whole range , it also eliminates the belt limp mode and has reverse overide . I currently have 26" MUDLITE XTR"S and it turns them no problem , The 650v2 with a power module will turn 27" tires no problem but you may have to mod the clutch. If by chance you choose the dynatek you'll need to purchase it directly thru dynatek themselves to get a new upgraded cdi special for the 05/06 arctic cat v2's, I wrote an article on the reason why, just do a search. Your other option is a vdi programable cdi but its $400. The moose is ok just plugs in, but only gives low end, I'm sure happy with my dynatek.

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
yep if i was to do my mods all over again i would skip the moose and go right to the dynatek, plug it in and away you go. when and if you install different (larger) tires i recomend you take your clutch cover off and check you belt defelection and adjust if necessary. in order here is what i would do.

dynatek
black secondary spring, adjust belt when in there
tires.

·
Registered
61 Posts
place i am ordering my dynatek said the cdi is not avail till may 12th...could this be because it's a new model?

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
I went to 27" Swamp Fox +'s before doing anything else. My 06 V2 spun them no problems here in the NC mud. Just make sure your belt is nice and tight. I just added the Moose module and went with a Bright Green Primary and White Secondary for added grin factor. As long as your smart about being in mud you won't have any issues. There are times where I haven't been able to spin my tires in the mud and I just either winch out or get strapped out.

If I had a dollar for every time someone who doesn't have a V-twin mentioned how bad the belt set up was or you can't run this or that, I would be able to retire and do nothing but ride.

Keep a tight belt, slap on those 27's and try not to grin to much when your yanking others out that gave ya the bull about your machine not being able to do anything. Rockerdude

·
Premium Member
767 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ag440x @ Apr 30 2007, 08:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
place i am ordering my dynatek said the cdi is not avail till may 12th...could this be because it's a new model?[/b]

I believe only dynatek has the new revision, the part # is 1101365 , if its 1101193, its the old part and won't work properly with 05/06 650v2's. Call who ever you are purchasing it from and verify the part #. Even if you get the wrong part dynatek will swap it for you but why go thru the hassle.

·
Registered
12 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ag440x @ Apr 30 2007, 08:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
place i am ordering my dynatek said the cdi is not avail till may 12th...could this be because it's a new model?[/b]

yeah same with me, i hope its cuz it will be the new model.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts