Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick question. I have 26" Mudzillas on my 04 650. I have an module upgrade and a EPI clutch kit on the way! I was wanting to go with 28" Mudzillas but here problems with axles and belts with these bikes with larger tires! Or loose power! I moslty 50% trail ride and 50% mud. Any help would be great in which tire I should use would be great! I always say go big or go home but in these case I don't know if going big will break parts or burn up belts. My friend has an 07 Grizzly 700 with 27" mud lites xtr's and epi clutch kit,we are both equal until top end then I walk away from him. Some times he will dig better and get me off the line. I can't have a Grizzly beating me! lol
Thanks for your time!
Ian

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anybody??? I know there are people out there with 28" mudzillas out there! Just want to know if they have troubles with there 04 650 turning them or axle troubles or belts!

·
Registered
487 Posts
It will be hard on the belts and you will need more than a clutch kit and a module to turn those tires in the mud!!!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply, Other mods I think you mean are exhaust,jet kit,gorilla axles! Stuff Like that? From what I have read the 04 650 are not the best machines for the mud because of the belt problems. Is there anything I can do to stop the belt issues other than getting a new bike? I love arctic cat, but the newer machines are getting so heavy I know the 04 650 is approx 644lbs but the 05,06,07 are around the 700-750lbs where my buddy rubs the weight of his machine in my face the 07 Grizzly 700 at 605lbs. I have even noticed that I almost have to use the over ride button all the time in reverse with a brand new Arctic Cat Belt on it, on a very slight upgrade!!. I have checked belt deflections and it is perfect. Maybe I will just stick with the 26" mudzilla's for now. I might just have to think about getting a better bike for what I want to do with it! Thank you again for your reply back!
Ian

·
Registered
487 Posts
your welcome. Yes pipe will help a bit,4.0 gears best one,clutch kit madatory,gorilla axles depends on your thumb. If I were you I would just stick to the 26 for now and then later upgrade if wanted.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ya I am going to stick with the 26" I had just found a good deal on the 28" Mudzillas which are just like new for $400.00cdn with alum rims. I didn't know that they made upgraded gaers for the bike. Who sells the gears??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts