Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to Gander Mtn. this morning and they have 25" and 26" ITP Mudlites. The 26" lugs are MUCH deeper and longer than the 25" tires which surprised me. I'm interested in your feedback if the 400 will be able to turn the 26" tires without having to re-jet or upgrade the exhaust. I've read numerous posts suggesting to re-jet etc. if you increase the tires, but I don't want to void the warranty. I'm guessing since the increase in tire size is only 1", may not be a big deal or impact to performance. Also, if I went to the 26" tires, can I use the stock rims which are 25x10x12? I know nothing about the tire/rim size or what these number really mean. Appreciate your comments.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I ran 27" swamplites on my 400 manual..and never had any problems turning them....but in reverse is a different story with a high reverse its hard to back out of deep mud...just my 2 cents..

·
Premium Member
6,059 Posts
25x10x12= height x width x rim size. i bought a set of 25" swamplites and i often wish i had gotten some 26s. i can't tell you if you'll need to make any changes to the engine (carb, pipe, or clutch) but if you are like most of the folks here then you will want bigger, sooner or later.

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
had 26 inch mudlites on my old 04 400 auto worked fine
the deeper tread pattern if you notice on the side wall it will say (XL) and you can get the 25 inch in the XL tread also.
the mudlites are accuately a bit smaller then 26 inch anyway when inflated which is fine for the 400. only mod i did after that was a k&n air filter and did the high elevation mod for the secondary spring which only keeps a bit more tension on the secondary clutch and helped back shift quicker. no engine mods. and the 26 inch mudlites were mounted on stock steel wheels for a time, fit fine with 26/10/12's in the front and 26/12/12's in the rear. only have pict with them mounted on itp rims on my v2 before i sold them.

hey look 3000 post for me!

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
I just put 26" mud lite on my 500 TRV. this was a great improvment over stock but did notice the larger tire size did change the machine ability to spin the tires in the deep stuff, but you should be fine with the up grade.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts