Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I need some help deciding here. Can't decide on a tire for my 06 H1 (stock). I have it down between the Mudbugs or Mudlites, I even had 589's in my head for awhile b/c I could of had a really good price on a set of 27' 589's but I am a lil worried the H1 stock won't turn them all that well?? So my driving is everything under the sun, mud, trail, water holes, pavement (gotta do a little to get where your goin'), and technical narrow woods trailing. Any feedback guys would be greatly appreciated, I'm new to the site and bike, first ATV.. Had 3 wheelers yrs ago, never an ATV. And the tire gotta look sweet on the rims too, lol.. very important... So what do ya think, 26's or the 27's 589 (with a sweet price)? Thx....

PS, And I don't want to worry about axel and belt problems etc... Will the 27's be worry free or stick with the 26's??

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
27's would me fine but I wouldn't go any bigger. I would get mudlite XTR's they are awesome I'm ordering some for $356 plus $25 shipping. 6 ply radial enough said. You probably won't like the 589's, they get really rough at low speeds.

·
Registered
445 Posts
my sig has brand new 26 inch Mudlite XTRS if you want a pic. I love them!

·
Registered
723 Posts
your bike will turn 27's with no problem stock. I am running 26" Swamplites and never noticed any difference over 25" stockers. Wish I went to 27". Between the two I would go with the XTR's. Great all around tire. Tread holds up fairly well too.

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
The XTR's are a great tire for just about any kind of terrain in my book. I got about 500 miles on mine now and they are barely showing any wear at all so far. They will help it steer easier and ride better than the stockers hands down...

·
Registered
210 Posts
H1 having a problem turning 27's, I dont think so. If you were looking into 589's take a look at kenda executioners, there even better and cheaper. :) hope that helps

·
Registered
150 Posts
I just got 27" mud lites XTR's and I'm impressed already with them. Work great in the snow so far and ride better than the stockers. Didn't notice any power loss yet but it's winter, have to wait till spring and summer to try them out on the trails and swamp/mud holes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts