Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys, i have a 2005 cat 250. I was gonna go for a ride to but the lil refused to start. Would for for a sec, then die repeadtly, seein how it has sat sometime, i decided to drain the fuel,and put fresh fuel in. Well the only thing i got was a fire craker type sound from the exhuast. I pulled the plug,and it was quit black. Cleaned it the best i could, and still wouldnt start. But it did have a burp like sound. Well pick up another plug tomorrow and try that, if it still refuses to start, where would i look next?

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Did you get to cleaning out the carb out? Where it was sitting for a while the gas may have begun to varnish and be blocking up the jets. Try cleaning the carb, a new plug (also make sure its getting spark), check the air filter and make sure nothing is blockign the exhaust. Mice have been known to make a home in an exhaust before :lol:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It had a light blue spark, thinking the spark was not strong enough. Made sure nothing was blocking the air,and the exhuast didnt seem to be blocked either. What would be the best method for cleaning the carb? Also is that loud firecraker like sound i heard, something to concerned about, or was that just from me were i kept tryin to start it

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (nharticatman78 @ Jan 11 2007, 10:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
It had a light blue spark, thinking the spark was not strong enough. Made sure nothing was blocking the air,and the exhuast didnt seem to be blocked either. What would be the best method for cleaning the carb? Also is that loud firecraker like sound i heard, something to concerned about, or was that just from me were i kept tryin to start it[/b]
The spark sounds good. As for cleaning the carb the best bet is to remove it from the ATV, take of the bowl and then take out the jets (main & pilot). Use some carb cleaner and compressed air to clean the jets, bowl, needlve valve and float assembly.
The backfire is most likely just from you trying to start it, my DVX will do that sometimes if I let it go a while without starting it too.
Is the choke working properly and opening all the way?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well tomorrow i will pick up a new spark plug, then i'll will chceck to see if the choke is working properly. thnx for the pointers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts