Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
ill be the first to jump on this without even asking anything else.. my first impluse is the 22-41 set-up... its a more accel and less top end package for what im assuming the F7 in the pics,.. if you had some 300hp turbo sled, then it'll probly pull the 24-39 gears,,, if you want a better answer, you gota ask a better question

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
well how much hp? any mods? studs? clutch kit. with the 22-41 you might run out of gear , you maybe the 24-39 might be better.. thats what i was meaning

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
never had it dyno'd so dont know the horse power...........i have a 2.5 timing key,reed spacer's,speedwerx fatdaddy pipe,clutching, highflow air intake, inline fuel regulator...........also put 1.375 track on it!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Ice you dont have much traction problems, So you can drop lower gears. 660 on ice is won in the first 60 feet so u want to rip out of the hole, Snow its not as good to gear low because all you will do is spin more. For example, a ZR 500 will beat a 1000 t-cat in 60 feet. Its not because its a faster sled out of the hole because put them both on ice and the t-cat will spank it from the word go. Its the t-cat spins more because of the extra power. Well its the same thing when it comes to gearing, you dont want the sled to have to much power out of the hole.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (HyperFlow @ Mar 23 2007, 08:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Ice you dont have much traction problems, So you can drop lower gears. 660 on ice is won in the first 60 feet so u want to rip out of the hole, Snow its not as good to gear low because all you will do is spin more. For example, a ZR 500 will beat a 1000 t-cat in 60 feet. Its not because its a faster sled out of the hole because put them both on ice and the t-cat will spank it from the word go. Its the t-cat spins more because of the extra power. Well its the same thing when it comes to gearing, you dont want the sled to have to much power out of the hole.

:thumbsup:[/b]
thank you so much for that info..........there should be more guys like you that log into this site...... :chug:

·
Registered
788 Posts
Well, I will throw my .02 in here. Your sled is an 03 so it came stock with 22-41 gears. If you are racing with your sno pro track I am assuming you are not racing on ice, and even still it doesn't matter...GEAR UP. THe only way gearing down will aid in acceleration is if you have optimum traction. Your sled running the stock track even studed is not getting optimum traction on just about any condition. With the bigger lug track I probably wouldn't step up to the 24-39s but instead run 23-40s. On my '03 i have tried many gear set ups (studded 1" track) and to a point everytime I geared up my sled was faster (ET and MPH). Most of my races are 1000' however. I say to a point as eventually you will over gear.

I find that the Zuki 700 motor likes to be loaded up. Either with weights or gears. Just because it feels faster with the lower gearing on the butt-o-meter it most likely isn't.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have 185 hp, 1.375 track & run 20/44 for 660 ft snow drags. it barely spins & kills everything i've come up against. don't say holeshot is not crucial on snow. your machine needs to pull like hell out of the gate & keep pulling all the way. 660 ft is not much time to catch up when you get beat outa the hole. set up your suspension properly & you will not spin on a hardpacked snow start. lastly, don't try to be a wheelie king. keep those skis down

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snopro909 @ Mar 23 2007, 07:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
680? why? most sled drags are always 660 ft, maybe not exact.....why do you ask? if so I doubt i'd change anything[/b]

kinda funny but i think the race im headed to in the morning is 680 ft..........never heard of it myself too but ?????
maybe it's because of the snow conditions, cause it's fricken raining outside right now
p.s. i just asked cause i wanted to know if you stayed in the lead all the way to 660 with that setup! just trying to gather info

·
Registered
73 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snopro909 @ Mar 23 2007, 01:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I have 185 hp, 1.375 track & run 20/44 for 660 ft snow drags. it barely spins & kills everything i've come up against. don't say holeshot is not crucial on snow. your machine needs to pull like hell out of the gate & keep pulling all the way. 660 ft is not much time to catch up when you get beat outa the hole. set up your suspension properly & you will not spin on a hardpacked snow start. lastly, don't try to be a wheelie king. keep those skis down[/b]
what kind of sled do u have with a 185hp?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.