Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well new to this, but just purchased a new 2022 600 se atv artic cat....and the problem beings.... blown fuse for headlights and turns off the bike....15 Amp...that was in the first 10 miles.... now again blown fuse , same one...taken to dealer both times. This time they said they called artic cat , and they said that they are aware of the problem....Artic cat in turn said just put a bigger fuse in. Not a problem to be fixed...? The bike turns off at anytime ., so if your driving at let's say 35 mph and the fuse blows you better not hit anything...so if your son or daughter is driving it and it happens, and they hit a tree and get hurt or the unthinkable happens... it ok by artic cat just put a bigger fuse...it's a electrical problem....

·
Administrator
41,172 Posts
Arctic cat would never say to put a bigger fuse in!!!! There are so many legal liabilities in that statement.
Perhaps your dealer said that ? If so your dealer has no clue. Tell your dealer you want it in writing directly from Arctic Cat /Textron.

·
Administrator
41,172 Posts
I moved this to the correct forum.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you , I am picking it up tomorrow, and I will make sure it is writen on the order... should I contact artic cat my self or take this problem farther

·
Administrator
41,172 Posts
See what your dealer says when you ask for it in writing from Arctic cat/Textron.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well performance ATV would give a me a bill for my repair today.or even To put in writing that artic cat has posted a temporary repair with replacing the headlight fuse from a 15 Amp to a 20 Amp... But informed me that artic cat is working on a fix but will not be till the end of year 2022.So that 2023 models will be correct. And then they will come out with a fix for the 2021s .. in that being said , if not believing me find a 2022 model and pull the headlight fuse that is a 15 Amp fuse and the complete atv will turn off...the wiring is incorrect the headlights are wired to the main ignition of the atv ...the system will draw 8 to 11 amps till the cooling fan turns on , and start up will be almost 16 amps causing the fuse to heat up then lower as the fan runs ...Continued high amps weakens the fuse and over a short time will blow...causing the fuse to fail.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts