Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard anything about AC's line up for 2022? Think I'll be in the market for new sleds next year and I want a 4 stroke... but not necessarily spend $18,000 on the Thundercat. I don't need speed (I'm old), but I like how they drive.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, I'll have to check around. I was under the impression that covid was emptying out all the inventory this year.

I'm hesitating to contact the dealers since I want to wait until next year... I'm afraid I would get talked into bringing home 2 Thundercats if I go in. :D

·
Registered
2021 ZR 8000 Ltd, ATAC, Storm 150
138 Posts
Not sure where your coming from but I just picked up a new sled from Road Track and Trail in Big Bend Wisconsin. They had a brand new 2017 ZR 7000 on the floor. Its the 1049 cc triple built by Yamaha, non turbo. Bullet proof engine. I have a 2016 ZR 7000 that my wife rides. She loves it and it's been very reliable for the first 5250 miles. Good luck on your search.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Heard a dealer rumor of a new lighter weight 1100 4 stroke. Not sure how you make a 4 stroke lighter though. 1 week out.

·
Premium Member
2,591 Posts
No idea what the pandemic has done for sales, I suspect the Fall was good but I bet this winter things have slowed down as most of the US is having snow issues. I would check with your local dealer and see what they can do for you, unless you want a 2022. Sounds like there could be some new stuff coming next year...

K

·
Premium Member
2,591 Posts
Heard a dealer rumor of a new lighter weight 1100 4 stroke. Not sure how you make a 4 stroke lighter though. 1 week out.
Not sure what that means at the 1100 was a Suzuki mill and they split ways a while back. Maybe AC got the rights to the design? That being said the 1100 is built like a tank so I bet you could lighten it up.

K

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No idea what the pandemic has done for sales, I suspect the Fall was good but I bet this winter things have slowed down as most of the US is having snow issues. I would check with your local dealer and see what they can do for you, unless you want a 2022. Sounds like there could be some new stuff coming next year...

K
I was just going off what my brother said (he just bought 2 skidoos), or what the dealer said to him, or what I assumed. :) I don't see much stock in the local dealers online sites, certainly nothing like what is on the dealer's site that DigCat mentioned.

Of course, I didn't pay much attention to what dealers kept in stock until after my brother made me drive his new sleds. Getting new sleds was always on the backburner until now.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Not sure what that means at the 1100 was a Suzuki mill and they split ways a while back. Maybe AC got the rights to the design? That being said the 1100 is built like a tank so I bet you could lighten it up.

K
Or an all new designed in class motor that would be shared with the dirt side.

·
Administrator
2,498 Posts
The 7000 wasn't ever a good seller, and after riding both back to back countless times, I'd take a 6000 every time.
The yamaha engine isn't bad, but its not anywhere near as bullet proof as the 1100 either.
The more I work on them the less impressed I am with the design/build, and its more difficult and more expensive to work on than a 6000.
The cam chain/tensioner setup is an abortion, you have to be careful to not turn the clutch "backwards", or the cams can jump time.
The engine basically has to come out of the chassis for a valve adjustment, or timing problems, because the garbage tensioner is located terrible spot. etc.....

·
Administrator
20,025 Posts
The 7000 wasn't ever a good seller, and after riding both back to back countless times, I'd take a 6000 every time.
The yamaha engine isn't bad, but its not anywhere near as bullet proof as the 1100 either.
The more I work on them the less impressed I am with the design/build, and its more difficult and more expensive to work on than a 6000.
The cam chain/tensioner setup is an abortion, you have to be careful to not turn the clutch "backwards", or the cams can jump time.
The engine basically has to come out of the chassis for a valve adjustment, or timing problems, because the garbage tensioner is located terrible spot. etc.....
Lol! I told boss last Friday that 4-stroke sleds such as his 2017 Sidewinder have set sledding back to 1968 standards (wrench on for 25 hrs just to go riding for 10 minutes)
Told him I was about to pepper it with AC Fire Ring sparkplug stickers and the Castrol rabbit and Tillotson & Walbro stickers as well.

·
Premium Member
2,591 Posts
Are the new Turbos that bad? I don't know anyone with one but I also haven't heard a whole lot of complaining on here.

Ever think what it would be like to go back to 1968, roll up beside someone on their brand new Panther, thinking they had the best machine in the world only to a 200HP blow their doors in. :)

K

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone heard anything about AC's line up for 2022? Think I'll be in the market for new sleds next year and I want a 4 stroke... but not necessarily spend $18,000 on the Thundercat. I don't need speed (I'm old), but I like how they drive.
im curious as hell myself as i dont want a turbo either, love this ‘20 srviper gt ive run two seasons and hope to see that yamaha engine return (7000 series) for 2022 preorder.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
The 7000 is not a big deal to do the valves on, if you know how to do it. Can be done in about 3 hours. Don't have to remove the engine, unless you are a Catmaster tech. I have over 32,000 miles on both the 1100na and the 7000, combined, and agree the 1100 is a simpler design engine, though it is underpowered compared to the 7000. Look at all the happy posts on the c-tech page, and you'd be glad to have a 4 stroke, if you want to rack up the miles. I ride with some Sidewinders, and they have been trouble free, and they do have some miles on them. If you want a 2 stroke, by all means, buy one. Same for a 4 stroke. You would think if it's a pre-order, they would build it, as they are sold, and they already make it as a Viper. If they bail from 4 strokes, I'll have to go to Doo. Maybe they want to give Doo more than the 50% they have already.

·
Premium Member
2,591 Posts
Yeah, that 1100 NA is a little bit of an odd duck. With the turbo it's a monster, with out it those 120 ponies are very tame. My T660 Turbo has a lot more spunk than the 1100 NA, that being said I really do like my 1100, it's been good to me.

I think I would really like the 7000. Too bad they can't figure out a way to keep the crank stub from rattling.

My dream for 2022 would be a 7000 motor in an updated skid. Nothing crazy mind you, similar styling (AND NO STUPID SQUARE HEAD LIGHT, this isn't the 80s folks), updated gauges (What Polaris is doing is pretty amazing), refined panels that come off easy, more storage.... A guy can dream right?

K

·
Registered
168 Posts
I am with you....My dream for 2022 would be that AC updates the skid to the level of RMotion, new gauge style like Polaris, some weight reduction on the chassis....and Yami refines the 7000 motor, get rid of that clanky crank stub, new ECU and mapping that provides consistent starting etc... If it is only available through Yamaha then so be it, expanded ordering options for different tracks and windshields like Doo and Polaris.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Look it up in 'eltigre 7000, 6000 miles later' right here on the 4 strokes posts. Pics and all.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I have a really good deal on a brand new 2019 pantera 7000 ltd. 22% down.
Had a crosstour xf 7000 2015 two years ago.
I liked that sled but will the protour skid be a didappointment vs the procross ?

I looks like the skid on the pantera 800 99.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts