Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Owner of a 2021 ZR8000 RR

First Weekend threw Code P1324 (Knock Sensor?) A phone call to the dealer = dealer said bad gas
Second Weekend stumble, bog, hitting rev limiter when I would stab it after cruising with the family for a few miles? very annoying
Third weekend the same as the second- Not loving this sled
Fourth weekend riding with buddies at a much faster pace- Ran hot and constantly was looking at a blinking light looking for deeper snow off of hard packed trails on top of the Stumble, bog or rev limiter? Riding with a 2020 ZR8000 that ran 12-15 degrees cooler all day and he burned less fuel.

Starting to hate this sled

850 Miles so far and going to drop it off at the dealer today-

Anybody else having these issues? I have heard of the bog stumble but it feels more serious to me like the ECU is holding it back at times. Other times it runs great but never for a full ride.
I have a 2021 Blast ZR 4000 with similar problems. Bogs down / sputters at trail speed. At higher speeds 55-60, when it sputters the sleds tries to stall out and drops about 25mph really fast. Have thrown the P1324 code on two trips. Sled is currently at the dealer who is working with Cat but they don't seem to have a solution. The season is too short for problems like this!

On the bright side, the cooling system on the Blast seems to be very good. No issues

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I would like to pick a Blast up for the family fleet. Lets hope we get a good fix from AC on this. I do have to say I am looking at the new Polaris VR1 850 pretty hard. I like the Doo 850 but at 6'8" the ****pit is a little tight for me. I hate to move away from Cat but it might be time, I guess AC (Textron) has a choice take care of its customers or not. If they are serious about snowmobiles they will and should. Brand loyalty is huge in this business.

·
Registered
2021 ZR 8000 Ltd, ATAC, Storm 150
149 Posts
While I recognize we shouldn't have to do this on new sleds, how much of a job is it to pull injectors and get them either tested or replace them? Something we could get done in off season to prevent blown engines?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Fantasy would be Textron's, however with 1 year warranty, it will likely expire before next year's snow. That puts it back on me. Since I'm not certain of the cost to pull, replace injectors verses replacing engine trying to figure which might be best path? Don't like problems, this one might be preventable, perhaps, maybe?

·
Registered
921 Posts
Fantasy would be Textron's, however with 1 year warranty, it will likely expire before next year's snow. That puts it back on me. Since I'm not certain of the cost to pull, replace injectors verses replacing engine trying to figure which might be best path? Don't like problems, this one might be preventable, perhaps, maybe?
If you are having issues, you tell your dealer. That way Warranty can be extended.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
While I recognize we shouldn't have to do this on new sleds, how much of a job is it to pull injectors and get them either tested or replace them? Something we could get done in off season to prevent blown engines?
This sled is not that fun to ride with its current issues and waiting for the meltdown that may or may not come? I'm 56 years old with a 14 and a 16 year old still in the house and a 20 year old that loves snowmobiling. he will be getting ready to spend his own money to upgrade in the near term. I guess my point is, Textron needs to step up and find a cure or we are stuck with sleds we wont be able to sell used very easily. By my example of this being a family sport I would not see my children purchasing any AC products if I move away from the brand. Would you buy another if they don't find a fix for your new sled that does not run right?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
My dealer is on it, great dealer by the way-There is no real fix that seems to be the problem-

We are already looking to the aftermarket because we know deep down this will probably not be fixed. I'm not bashing the brand I think we are all a little skeptical of Textron's commitment to the sport and the AC brand.

The aftermarket is a great thing, but I have grown past the need to have the quickest or fastest sled in the group. I just want to push the button and ride.

·
Registered
149 Posts
ZR6, not having anything but fun and love this sled, just thinking preventative is all. No issues yet. Johnson260. I'm 55 just retired and love to ride. You are correct Textron needs to step up or lose us all.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts