Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I am wondering if anyone has been able to set up a suspension for better ski handling. i feel like these skis are just not made for trails. I put the woodys dually carbides on mine after the factory carbides wore out. i have to have my front shocks set on 3 just to be able to turn corners and even with that i still slide pretty good. the other guys in the group with me have no problems and they are a mix of cats and doos. we are talking about taking corners at 60-70 mph and no matter how much I lean i still cant hold a corner in my lane.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Besides the fact that the factory carbides are trash...

I'm running aggressive Snowtrackers and ABSOLUTELY LOVE THEM.

The Riot already likes to keep the skis planted... which I like... but mine would push in the corners too and lots of darting on well used trails.

The Snowtrackers cured that for me, I couldn't be happier.

I followed the instructions for the most part (fully on the rear skid) and it's like it's on rails now. Trail monster, and handles powder like a dream.
20201219_091031.jpg

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
I think there's a pair of SLP Mohawks in my Riot's future this summer. The stock mountain skis are okay for trail use, but leave a lot to be desired.

The Mohawks probably aren't going to solve darting any better than stock, but should give me much lighter steering effort and control on hard pack trails, without sacrificing floatation. There might be better choices for wearbars/carbides, and I may go that way when I have time to compare options.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have the woody's dually 6 inch i put on a couple weeks ago. that fully got rid of the darting issue. i just don't like how i have to have my shocks at full pressure to be able to turn corners. i wonder if my limiter strap needs to be adjusted

·
Registered
27 Posts
I’ve found that the deep keel ski is very condition sensitive. The way I have the wife’s sled set-up, the best handling in average conditions up here was with the cat offset runners. I will be swapping to powder pros. I have run them on multiple procross and proclimb sleds with great results. Usually run shaper bar runners with them. They can be a little darty at times on really stiff or set up trails, but they work the best for me for aggressive trail riding. They are more sensitive to toe out. I have always run toe at 1/16-1/8 total, front carbide stud to rear on powder pros or slt skis. If you don’t run off trail much at all the SLP slt ski works well also.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts