Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering, who's getting what model and what colour (color)? Also, what have you heard from dealerships, Arctic Cat or fellow Cat guys/gals regarding the new Riot/Riot X? I'm getting the Riot X green/blue, already have 61% of it paid in full. Once I sell my 2014 SR Viper XTX-SE, it'll be paid off. I was one of those people that wasn't please when the 2020 release was made public, figured they (Arctic Cat) would have had an 850 engine like Doo and PoPo. But later was excited that the 800 engine was fully remapped...and apparently have been beating the 850's straight out of the crate. Anyway, hoping for some insight/input. Cheers

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
figured they (Arctic Cat) would have had an 850 engine like Doo and PoPo. But later was excited that the 800 engine was fully remapped...and apparently have been beating the 850's straight out of the crate. Anyway, hoping for some insight/input. Cheers
You have a bunch of links to controlled tests somewhere for this?

·
Super Moderator
8,576 Posts
Actually, there is a dirty little secret about our 800 motors. They are very strong in certain riding. It just happens to be that they are strong right where we want the power most of the time. I hope the new configuration retains that powerband.

I am also curious to see how the Riot does compare and ride. I didn't go with a one because I spend way too much time trail riding. It looks like a nice package for a little more mixed riding.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Alphas are known to beat 850 skudds and 840 pop cans in the mountains. More to do with a track that has superior hookup and more efficient way of putting power to the ground.

·
Administrator
36,335 Posts
This^^^^^^

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Has anyone found out if Aftermarket Companies have made any parts yet? Clutch kits, V-Force/Boyesen Reeds, Exhaust (Manifold/Y-Pipe, Pipe and Can/Muffler/Silencer), etc. I highly doubt it, seeing that this 800 motor has been totally remapped. At the same time, there might be mods manufactured.

·
Registered
5,029 Posts

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
Has anyone found out if Aftermarket Companies have made any parts yet? Clutch kits, V-Force/Boyesen Reeds, Exhaust (Manifold/Y-Pipe, Pipe and Can/Muffler/Silencer), etc. I highly doubt it, seeing that this 800 motor has been totally remapped. At the same time, there might be mods manufactured.
Did you go into Speedwerx site? Or Bikeman's site? Or D&D's .Should be plenty for you to get, all it takes is money!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just wondering, who's getting what model and what colour (color)? Also, what have you heard from dealerships, Arctic Cat or fellow Cat guys/gals regarding the new Riot/Riot X? I'm getting the Riot X green/blue, already have 61% of it paid in full. Once I sell my 2014 SR Viper XTX-SE, it'll be paid off. I was one of those people that wasn't please when the 2020 release was made public, figured they (Arctic Cat) would have had an 850 engine like Doo and PoPo. But later was excited that the 800 engine was fully remapped...and apparently have been beating the 850's straight out of the crate. Anyway, hoping for some insight/input. Cheers
I have the Riot X no problems yet 168 miles.. do you know who to talk to about tightening the track

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
8,576 Posts
I have the Riot X no problems yet 168 miles.. do you know who to talk to about tightening the track
What exactly are you wondering? You can do the track tension yourself without too much hassle.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have about 200 miles on my 8000 and I got 15.6MPG! This was mostly on groomed trails, running 35-70... very happy with that. Still have a slight surging around 5K rpm, but its rarely running that low...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts