Pokegama lawn and sport in grand rapids
Rays sport and marine in bemidji
Westside sports in wadena
Westside recreation in little falls
Frontier motorsports in Fergus falls
Spicer sports in spicer mn
https://www.ufcmn-equipment.com waconia mn
Days powerports bloomer wi.
Ta motorsports francis creek or Manitowoc wi.
Kens sports in kaukauna wi

I'm sure there are tons more. There are plenty out there. I didn't even search for xf 7000s...

·
Premium Member
2,395 Posts
Let me premise this by saying I'm not buying a new machine this year, the TZ1 still does what it needs to do even though a new Pantera would be nice. The TZ1 is paid for.

The whole lineup seems odd but if AC was flooding dealerships I can see them trying to correct the inventory issue. I agree that some other stuff must be in the pipeline though, the lineup just seem so sparse.

If I was buy a new machine it would be a 7000 even with some of the warts I've been reading about recently. I just don't need/want a 9000 and I'm not into 2-Strokes anymore. While they've cleaned up their acts considerably since the last one I owned the smell just doesn't do it for me.

All that being said I rode the last few days in Aroostook county and I would say 90% of the new machines out on the trails were sporting the largest engines their manufacture offers. It's crazy, it wasn't that long ago that if you saw a Thundercat (or what have you) it was of note, you told your buddies about it, now everyone drives them, EVERYONE!

I also noticed a lot more older machines this year. We were sporting an '05 T660 Touring and an '09 TZ1. There were lots of Twin Spars, ZRs first gen Revs etc. I think a lot of families just can't keep a stable of new machines, I know we can't. We still had a lot of fun though!

K

·
Registered
4,919 Posts
Rvsports in thief river falls
Pokegama lawn and sport in grand rapids
Rays sport and marine in bemidji
Westside sports in wadena
Westside recreation in little falls
Frontier motorsports in Fergus falls
Spicer sports in spicer mn
https://www.ufcmn-equipment.com waconia mn
Days powerports bloomer wi.
Ta motorsports francis creek or Manitowoc wi.
Kens sports in kaukauna wi

I'm sure there are tons more. There are plenty out there. I didn't even search for xf 7000s...
129's and Kens is the only one I'm going to on that list, and he has just one. TA is crook, Days powersports is 236 miles away, everything else is even farther. Not going to do a 600 mile trip with hotel stays to get a sled. I bought my Turbo 660 in Hastings that was 6 hours one way, that was enough.

That leaves me with all the dealers on my list. So there's one sled at Kens, two long tracks I can't pick up till I get my new trailer in July so that leaves me back to about 3 sleds to look at.
People can say there are a lot of sleds out there but my diesel doesn't run on air and I'm 62, I ain't running 12 hour drives anymore. So those long trips include restaurants, time off at the shop (which we can't afford, too many upgrades coming) and hotels. Now the cheap sled isn't so cheap anymore.

·
Registered
4,919 Posts
All that being said I rode the last few days in Aroostook county and I would say 90% of the new machines out on the trails were sporting the largest engines their manufacture offers. It's crazy, it wasn't that long ago that if you saw a Thundercat (or what have you) it was of note, you told your buddies about it, now everyone drives them, EVERYONE!

I also noticed a lot more older machines this year. We were sporting an '05 T660 Touring and an '09 TZ1. There were lots of Twin Spars, ZRs first gen Revs etc. I think a lot of families just can't keep a stable of new machines,
In 2012 when the Procross came out. I was at the SnoCross finale at Lake Geneva talking (ironically) with Roger Skime, a couple other guys, and the guy that owns the Arctic Cat dealership in Edgerton Wisconsin. He back then said he could sell all the fan cooled and fan cooled touring sleds all day long because it's half the money of a turbo. He told me "what does a young couple want?" " They want to go snowmobiling, so they buy a touring two-up and a fan cooled single (F570 back then) a trailer and hook that to a truck." He said "that would be all the money they want to spend on the sport, and I can sell that all day long but I can't talk anyone into a turbo"

·
Registered
98 Posts
Kens is the only one I'm going to. TA is crook, Days powersports is 236 miles away,

You have good taste in dealers haha. Days is great to deal with and willing to go out of their way to help but Kens has always treated me right and is my go-to dealer. What about using a shipping/trucking service? Maybe that would be cheaper than driving yourself and if you can find a super deal somewhere in MN or MI perhaps that will offset the shipping cost?

·
Registered
4,919 Posts
What about using a shipping/trucking service? Maybe that would be cheaper than driving yourself and if you can find a super deal somewhere in MN or MI perhaps that will offset the shipping cost?
No, not shipping anything, I buy it, i go get it. I give them the check, they load it up, it gets registered and I'm gone.

·
Registered
8,630 Posts
Guess you don't understand that cat will be moving sleds dealer to dealer, just as car dealers do.
I thought they did that anyways if you want them to. I know mine did for my Bearcat in November 2016.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Guess you don't understand that cat will be moving sleds dealer to dealer, just as car dealers do.
Krom, your point is good, except I don't know of a new car dealer that has a 3-4 year old new car in its inventory. This moving of sleds will come at a costs; either to the dealer losing the sled or gaining it...or the factory if AC/Textron is agreeing to cover the costs (not likely). Also, don't forget...these are non-2020 sleds in year 2020. The day you trailer that 2017 off the lot, you have a 3 year old snowmobile, plain and simple.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I believe Cats short term pain is to have long term sustainability. Like it or Not... This year is the "pain". I think its smart on them to try and correct the issue. You cant have 3-4 year old sleds sitting in inventory.

Krom, what more info can you provide about the ctec2. The changes they have provided. Will it run with the 850's and also what is the true hp, to be reported?

·
Administrator
19,847 Posts
Just like they did back between 2003-20_?

You get this, I get this, anyone that’s dealt with this in years past gets this, heck, even Greg B knows of this, just always seems to be one that doesn’t, or doesn’t want to listen to fact of reality.

Great comments along the way.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Is there any way to shop this vast inventory of unsold sleds without a crystal ball? If it were such a focus to sell NOS there would be a list compiled of what was available and some sort of pricing, stands to reason anyhow. I am in the market in the next 12 months at this point but still pinning down what I want to get too, still always looking though.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Again, you must know what you want to call a dealer, because that is the first question they will ask you. I used to be in Sales/engineering, I don't want to be sold, I want to shop.

·
Registered
4,919 Posts
No, guess you don't understand, your insults to me in public sure don't help a guy buying a new sled from Arctic Cat, a company you represent. I sure don't know why , you as a sales person would stoop to this level to insult somebody continuously that wants to buy a product you your self represent, I really I don't know. There's a sales person I once knew that passed away many years ago had a great saying, "you can attract a lot more flies with honey than you can with vinegar" Might wanna think about that Trevor. Tell you what, here's how it works, you apologize for all this hate and insults you seem to have for me, an Arctic Cat potential customer and I'll go the extra mile and forget about it all buy a new one, you don't, then you've shown just how shallow of a person you are and I'll go elsewhere. Other than that I don't know how to help you.

·
Registered
4,919 Posts
Just like they did back between 2003-20_?

You get this, I get this, anyone that’s dealt with this in years past gets this, heck, even Greg B knows of this, just always seems to be one that doesn’t, or doesn’t want to listen to fact of reality.

Great comments along the way.
No Rusty I hear you and I know that , understand that thats is normal dealer practice and I "get it". And I do listen.

But I don't respect someone that sells a product that insults publicly, constantly (for some reason) someone thats a prospective buyer for a company that's having problems. Even when this company is having problems he just can't stop this stuff. I'm looking, have a couple to look at may buy one of them but still lot of time till spring. But i don't need to be talked to like this guy does, never degraded him ever.

·
Registered
8,630 Posts
No, guess you don't understand, your insults to me in public sure don't help a guy buying a new sled from Arctic Cat, a company you represent. I sure don't know why , you as a sales person would stoop to this level to insult somebody continuously that wants to buy a product you your self represent, I really I don't know. There's a sales person I once knew that passed away many years ago had a great saying, "you can attract a lot more flies with honey than you can with vinegar" Might wanna think about that Trevor. Tell you what, here's how it works, you apologize for all this hate and insults you seem to have for me, an Arctic Cat potential customer and I'll go the extra mile and forget about it all buy a new one, you don't, then you've shown just how shallow of a person you are and I'll go elsewhere. Other than that I don't know how to help you.
Man, somebody needs to take a pill or two. I see no hate or insults in this thread at all other than yours. We've had words before and I know you don't like me and I don't care what YOU think about me. All I see is a "mad at everyone else" person behind your posts. And don't think that you're going to get an apology from me for this post. People have put up with your BS too long.
Have a wonderful evening, if that's possible for you.

·
Registered
4,919 Posts
Man, somebody needs to take a pill or two. I see no hate or insults in this thread at all other than yours. We've had words before and I know you don't like me and I don't care what YOU think about me. All I see is a "mad at everyone else" person behind your posts. And don't think that you're going to get an apology from me for this post. People have put up with your BS too long.
Have a wonderful evening, if that's possible for you.
660, I'm not at all mad at you or anyone else here, and don't need an apology from you. You never ever insulted me at all. have a good one

21 - 40 of 74 Posts