Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I have a 2020 alterra 700 that I have had since new. Love the thing! Been looking for some sort of upgrades for it( tuner, exhaust... etc) but haven’t had much luck. Any input on suggested upgrades or how to go about finding them would be awesome thanks ahead of time!

·
Registered
4,761 Posts
As far as I know, it's still the 700 H1 motor, so should be easy! Speedwerx has a nice ss muffler and the hypershift clutch kit is awesome! I believe makes a regrind cam for the H1. Dynajet may make a tuner and I believe there are timing advance keys available. I used the Hypershift kit with wet clutch springs to raise my rpm of engagement and reclutched to reduce top speed and increase acceleration. My TRV topped out at 72-74 mph , a speed that I'll never drive again. Now it hits 65 tops, but nearly lifts the front wheels on takeoff.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I'd be interested in any mods that would give it more pep and a little faster. I find the Alterra to have a very steady power curve. It good, always has enough power. But a little more oomph from 0-30 for some extra fun would be nice. Like KQ 750 has.

Sent from my SM-A715W using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
39,486 Posts
Get a clutch kit.

Reactions: Wallamatogus

·
Registered
4,761 Posts
<speedwerx.com> Hypershift kit for Alterra 700 XT $184. You have to decide on tire diameter. 27" tire kit on mine. Wet clutch springs are a bit of a pita to install, but awesome. Lots of other goodies available for the H1. I put a Mudpro snorkel on my 700, seemed to help a bit also.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Hypershift kit for Alterra 700 XT $184. You have to decide on tire diameter. 27" tire kit on mine. Wet clutch springs are a bit of a pita to install, but awesome. Lots of other goodies available for the H1. I put a Mudpro snorkel on my 700, seemed to help a bit also.
That was the one I was eyeballing. I run 26"s, but they measure 25. Which is why I have the other thread regarding stock height. If stock are 25's that measure 24, then what is the clutch really optimized for?

·
Registered
4,761 Posts
The 27" kit will get you the best acceleration, lowest top speed. A lot of guys run bigger tires, so the kit lets you get bottom end acceleration better. I run 26" tires on my 700 TRV with the 27" kit. To me , the wet clutch springs made a heck of a difference, gets you into the power band instantly. Top speed dropped from 73-74 down to 65 mph, plenty fast for me. Now it will nearly pull the front tires. I don't know how AC clutched the Alterras, but, think you will be happy with the results of the Hypershift kit.

·
Registered
153 Posts
The 27" kit will get you the best acceleration, lowest top speed. A lot of guys run bigger tires, so the kit lets you get bottom end acceleration better. I run 26" tires on my 700 TRV with the 27" kit. To me , the wet clutch springs made a heck of a difference, gets you into the power band instantly. Top speed dropped from 73-74 down to 65 mph, plenty fast for me. Now it will nearly pull the front tires. I don't know how AC clutched the Alterras, but, think you will be happy with the results of the Hypershift kit.
Its clutched well in L for hauling, traction, and water/mud holes. High is decent, but is very steady in the power band. No front lift, not enough oomph to swing the rear out to drift a bend at speed like a KQ 750 can do. You always have enough power, but nothing thats exciting is the best I can put it. And I don't mean that negatively, but my 18 KQ 750 was much more sporty.

·
Registered
4,761 Posts
They both have around 50 hp, suspect Suzuki did a better job with stock clutching. I think you will be impressed with the hypershift kit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts