Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am looking at a 2019 RX C for sale locally, never raced according to the owner. Not exactly the sled I am looking for but what I want seems to be out of my budget. I am coming form a 2001 Mountain Cat 600 LE, so anything modern will be an upgrade. I rode a Sno Pro 500 for the second half of last year and actually really enjoyed it.

Questions are really around the RX C vs a traditional ZR or XF 6000. Cross Country, RR, Limited, Ect. I was looking for a 137" track since I am used to that, but maybe I won't miss it? I would classify myself as a "spirited" trail rider, I used to ditch bang in my younger days but not much anymore. My main questions are centered around trail ride-abilty, reliability overall, and anything I should watch out for or consider that I may be overlooking. I found some info on arctic insider about the sled itself, but either there isn't much out there or I'm not searching the right keyword combination. I found a couple posts here, but not much of what I was looking to learn.

Thank you for the help.

·
Super Moderator
8,747 Posts
The xc will do everything your mountain cat will do, but better. It will also do a lot of things the mountain cat can’t. It is a straight up off the shelf cross country race sled. The xc gets the better rear skid, wider front end, more power, different exhaust, upgraded brakes, better drive train, slipper gears in the chain case, way more aggressive clutching vs the regular consumer versions of the procross.

·
Registered
311 Posts
The xc will do everything your mountain cat will do, but better. It will also do a lot of things the mountain cat can’t. It is a straight up off the shelf cross country race sled. The xc gets the better rear skid, wider front end, more power, different exhaust, upgraded brakes, better drive train, slipper gears in the chain case, way more aggressive clutching vs the regular consumer versions of the procross.
The clutching may be the one thing the OP might not care for. Kind of a high engagement for some, and if I remember correctly ( I need more coffee), it will do the RPM hang thing around 3500 - 4k for a few seconds. I actually put the XC kit on my 600, and I'm taking it off, mainly because I"m upgrading to a 800, and it will be a backup / secondary ridden sled.

·
Super Moderator
8,747 Posts
The clutching may be the one thing the OP might not care for. Kind of a high engagement for some, and if I remember correctly ( I need more coffee), it will do the RPM hang thing around 3500 - 4k for a few seconds. I actually put the XC kit on my 600, and I'm taking it off, mainly because I"m upgrading to a 800, and it will be a backup / secondary ridden sled.
If he had ridden a sp500 clutching will be similar. The xc is not nearly as aggressive at engagement compared to the sx sled.

·
Registered
166 Posts
It's nothing a new primary spring (with softer engagement) can't fix...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts