Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a 19 Textron Stampede. It had less than hundred miles and I bought at an Arctic Cat dealer. My first SxS and first time in one. It is very loud, especially in the enclosed cab. I mean really loud. I didn't think much about it until I drive my friends 2012 polaris ranger. It was smooth and you could whisper to the passenger and he could here you.. Mine is also the X Hunter edition that suppose to be ultra quiet. Anyone else please way in on this.

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
Buy a decibel meter, perhaps you can pinpoint the source of the loudness. Could be the previous owner modified something. BTW, I thought that my AC 700 Diesel was much louder than my 700 TRV. Checked at different speeds, the Diesel has lower sound pressure readings. Surprising how much noise actually comes from the intake.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Louder than a 2012 Ranger? Hard to imagine IMO.
But hey, I’m not in your machine experiencing it’s sounds. I used to work for a Cat dealer and I do not recall the Stampede’s being noisy. 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
Check the air intake system that everything is stock and intact. A gutted or modified muffler or possibly there was some sound shielding removed by previous owner. Even a K&N air filter can make things louder. Perhaps the dealer has another one to compare to. I would take C-note's word that they are not loud.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Need to have it checked out
Check the air intake system that everything is stock and intact. A gutted or modified muffler or possibly there was some sound shielding removed by previous owner. Even a K&N air filter can make things louder. Perhaps the dealer has another one to compare to. I would take C-note's word that they are not loud.
Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts